cm10.2

1. 1mouse3

1mouse3 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member

The avid is supposed to be the closest thing to the force.
  3. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

My understanding is the partitions are set up differently.
  4. 1mouse3

good to know. I did find a cm10.1 for the avid so I am going to start off there and get that to the force first.
  5. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

The partitions are differnet, but using the DroidSmith updater script would fix that. Mms and a few other things will break but would be easy to fix. I thought about doing it, but doing a kang on an os that doesn't fully work on its intended device will just make for headache after headache. Once zte provides the sources for the force a source based build will be possible
  6. jimsmith80

And if you do trybto build this whicjlh I do not recommend use the boot.img from the force or you will brick phones

EDIT: One more time in English lol. If you do attempt a build of off the work on the avid, just remember to use the boot.img from the force. Flashing the wrong kenerl can do a lot of harm
  7. donjuro

Typos! Fix it! Lol
  8. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

zte doesnt release rom source... ever. we have been working on cm10 for a long while now on the sequent and its still got issues, may always have issues, but you have a choice. slightly broken cm, or no cm at all... but im a good friend of 1mouse3 here, and considering i played a major role in creating the cwm you guys and the avid both use, and have done alot of work on cm for the sequent, hopefully i can help
    MidshipAc likes this.
  9. jimsmith80

Sweet I'd love to see it. I just don't want people to get the misconception that it's easy
  10. junkie2100

right, its not easy, believe me i learned that the hard way. but we have everything zte is going to give us so if somebody doesnt take what we have and run with it itll never get done

the problem though is using a stock zte boot.img will almost certainly cause cm to not boot. zte's half assed coding doesnt play nicely with roms that arent hacked to pieces like theirs are. i get your point though, the ramdisk from the avid source needs to be modified for the correct partition layout and the correct kernel needs to be used, ive already gone over that one with him so when he gets his hands on the phone he should be well on his way to having a bootable cm10, then we will work our way up to 10.2 if we can, i havent seen the 10.2 source myself so i cant make any promises though, and the warp2 cm10.1 has sdcard issues due to the multiple user crap added into 4.2

im not gonna sit here and make any promises, there are no guarantees, but i just want everyone to know this isnt just some random new user, this is a good friend of mine and i may not be the leading expert but i have a decent idea what im doing and friends that know much more so its not just somebody blowing smoke trying to be a hot shot. i been wanting to dev for this phone for some time now i just never had access to one
  11. jimsmith80

Awesome. Well its great to have the two of you on board.
  12. donjuro

It's more than great! Things are really rolling with this phone!
  13. jimsmith80

Check with rbheromax. He was working on a kernel and should be able to help you out
  14. 1mouse3

I will and I have already moded the device tree, I am waiting on the cm10 repo to finish downloading so i can run a build
  15. jimsmith80

16. jimsmith80

I've only modified stock roms in the past, but I would really like to.move into building from source. Do you know of any guides on how to set up a device tree
  17. junkie2100

well, the device tree if it already exists is simple, its preparing the system to build cm

i cant speak to a specific guide, but there are plenty around the net, and all require some form of linux just fyi, ubuntu or mint is preferred, arch will do, slackware wont work we tried that lol
  18. jimsmith80

I run debian. Ill just pull what I need to from testing/sid
  19. 1mouse3

I got a cm10.1 to build and starts but hangs on andy
  20. junkie2100

andy is the bootloader, it didnt start at all. it did build finally though, and it can be installed... thats about it though lol
  21. jimsmith80

If you look back at two weeks ago that's good progress
  22. junkie2100

it is good progress, we should be close to having it boot and hopefully when it finally does it will be almost fully functional. a few minor tweaks and up to speed with the avid, but this is the part i hate, got it building fully but it wont boot on the phone at all so there is no logcat or anything, no way to find out what is going wrong
  23. jimsmith80

I've tried modifying the stock boot.img to add init.d support, and have ended up with the same result. The darn thing won't boot. unmkbootimg did issue this warning:
    *** WARNING ****
    This image is built using NON-standard mkbootimg!
    OFF_RAMDISK_ADDR is 0x01300000
    Please modify mkbootimg.c using the above values to build your image.

I'n not sure if this helps you guys or not. I literally just complied a bootable android kernel from source for the first time 5 minutes ago, so it goes without saying your work is a little above where I am at. It's for the warp so no one get excited lol
  24. junkie2100

yea see for some reason it seems like manually packaging the kernel is what makes things not boot, or at least part of the reason it wont boot
    i can unpack and repack the sequent stuff in android kitchen all day but this thing wont work at all
  25. junkie2100

well, slight progress, we got past andy. and we may have a fix for the overclocking kernel as well. i used the stock init binary like i had to on the sequent, we did also use the stock kernel though so i make no promises

update2:
    we have boot animation(and adb access so we now have logcat to give us a general idea what is wrong rather than stabbing in the dark)