cm10.2

1. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

wow, the cwm you guys have is horribly broken... we will have to work on that too but for now i think we might have something bootable. one final test then im going to sleep lol, and im sure mouse is too. we will keep you guys informed
  2. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

I've been telling you guys since many posts ago that our cwm wasn't built for this phone...
  3. junkie2100

believe me im well aware its not built for this device, i helped build it for its intended device, the warp sequent aka warp2. totlth took it, hacked it to work on the avid, and you guys then used it for the force
    the problem seems to just be misconfiguration though. you cant even factory reset the thing
  4. 1mouse3

1mouse3 Well-Known Member

5. 1mouse3

got cm10.1 to boot, just need to do a few more tweaks before i post it
    redjama and 2prevail like this.
  6. donjuro

have you gotten these tweaks done? been a while and I'm stoked to use jb on the force!
  7. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb in forums - NEVER ask or pester a Dev about releases, they'll be likely to get upset and quit. :banghead: Nobody wants that. :thumbdown:
  8. donjuro

I'm pretty sure he understands I'm not trying to pester him, I'm simply asking for an update on progress and letting him know how excited I am for the release. it's not like I've posted here every day since then trying to get him to hurry up.
  9. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

Is the work on github?
  10. 1mouse3

11. jimsmith80

Cool. If I happen across anything ill let you know
  12. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

I got it to boot finally. Had to factory reset then install to get it to boot. One major thing I noticed was it wouldn't read the SD card at all.
  13. 1mouse3

about had sd half woking once where a pc could read it, been playing with its symlink to get it working. it currently is not, and lte that i need to get its setting right
  14. junkie2100

4.2(cm10.1) changed the way sd cards mount and read in android. it complicates things. i will work on it but as mouse said ive been moving so when i get the chance i will work on it
  15. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

That was my first time trying any cm build out. That in itself was pretty exciting for me lol. I know its still a work in progress and there's a lot of work to be done. I look forward to seeing what you guys can do with it.
  16. junkie2100

hey its progress, it still needs alot of work but for now its proof that it does work for the most part. itll take some time, but with a little luck and if i ever finally get some free time we can get you guys a cm10 or cm10.1 that is almost complete. you will probably never have camera, im sorry, but you will have most things working
  17. jimsmith80

From what I've seen the camera is a pain in the ass. A lot of unofficial cm10 builds are like that. I think its a small price to pay. Mouse I tip my hat to you sir. Great work.
  18. junkie2100

well we officially have a working kernel source. through a little unrelated research i found that by using the hayes defconfig in the avid(elden) kernel source it builds a kernel we can use, so anyone wanting to make a custom kernel feel free to tinker. we are working on a cm10 port currently
  19. 1mouse3

20. donjuro

I like what you're working with mouse ;) lol. grrr, I wanna flash that so bad, but jb is already supposed to be coming out, which do I choose?!
    MidshipAc likes this.
  21. junkie2100

well, for daily use id wait for this to either be debugged a little more or jellybean to actually come out, it took them months to get a jb update out for the sequent so who knows when that will happen though
    for now this is what im getting built from source, need someone to check audio and wifi and name any other bugs you happen to find but for now audio and wifi are what ive been working on and i dont have a force to test myself sadly...
    more updates will be coming very shortly but for now its this then sleep lol
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/al7unl8zapogyj9/cm10_force.zip
  22. donjuro

job is already rolling out for this phone. I'm not sure if anyone's gotten it yet though. and I know how to use cwm. eh, I'll test it.
    MidshipAc and junkie2100 like this.
  23. junkie2100

make sure to test the one i posted, the other one may be more complete but its a hacked up version of a prebuilt for the avid, not built from source so we would be unable to reproduce it properly
  24. junkie2100

but yea basically im checking to see if sound routes properly in the build i just posted, does the mic work, does the earpiece work in calls, do headphones work, and does the speaker work properly. and does wifi work of course
  25. junkie2100

also, anyone running stock if you could pull the touchscreen idc files from /usr/idc/ or system/usr/idc because they dont seem to be in my copy of droidsmith sadly. i will need those to get rid of the stupid cursor lol