CM10 & CM9 Won't Work On LG Optimus V

1. iAmNotYesenia

iAmNotYesenia New Member

I've download Ice cream sandwich and Jellybean, but neither would work... It always reboots over and over every minute. It's really annoying and I want to fix it. I'm tired of CM7 :( . It just freezes and then reboots. It used to work, but now it's being stupid.

Do you know why it keeps doing this? Is there any way to stop it??? :confused:

LG Optimus V and I need help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member

3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Hi there, and welcome to Android Forums iAmNotYesenia!

I've moved your thread over to the OpV All Things Root forums where other members, using the OpV, with more knowledge of custom roms can better assist you. :)
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

iAmNotYesenia
    It could be your pre install wipe and format procedure needs looking into or your downloads are getting corrupted.
    Look here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...tory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html#post3263770 start at step 8
    To check the MD5 sum (this verifies weather your download is clean or corrupt) use " MD5 Check Utility" . I think it can be found at CNET downloads. It comes with a read me txt.

The most stable ROMs for the V are in fact Gingerbread ROMs based off the IHO repository.
    The best are the Harmonia2; MiRaGe; and the 01312012 build of the BACKside ROM. Each one comes with an MD5 sum that you need to copy if your going to download it. Use it with the Utility once downloaded onto computer.
    Look in the All Things Root Guide sticky for more info on the first two. The last one I can link you to if you want to try it.
    These a extremely stable ROMs when everything that's required to wipe and format has been acomplished prior to flashing. Don't forget to install the Gapps after the ROM. If you want to flash a theme, wait until after you have rebooted the new ROM at least twice.

Hope this helps you get a ROM on your phone you can truly enjoy.

Note: When overclocking only use the menu/settings/CyanogenMod settings/performance/ CPU. When overclocking the min should be set to 480MHz and left there. Set the Max at 748MHz and then open up the Gallery and try some options. Do this for each setting above 748MHz until the phone auto reboots or the Gallery freezes. Then drop setting down 2 settings. This is where you can be safely overclocked to.
    Make sure you don't check the "set on boot" option until after you have found the safe overclocking setting.
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

The OP said it use to work (unless I misunderstood, which is likely lol), so could they not boot the phone into recovery and just do a clean wipe and reflash the same or another appropriate rom?

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I can't learn otherwise. ;)
  6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

That's pretty much what I said, besides making sure the downloaded ROM.zip wasn't corrupt. The rest was just extra.