• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM10 progress Update Thread

Still a few kinks in some of the make files. Typos, etc. Started 2 builds w/errors
On the 3rd build now so far w/o error.

I appreciate the "by me a round" sentiment. But instead of that, why not support the app developers on the market. I'm not saying that you don't already. I'm just suggesting you redirect your intended "rounds". But if y'all insist...lol...I will start a paypal......lol...

hope to be updating more frequently now.

"Love, peace & hair grease.";)

Reactions: Rapture81g
Upvote 0
3rd build still compiling w/o stop errors.

A few warnings tho....

you should upload your device tree to see if others could assist....

the way you worded your previous posts i assumed you had a rom that was booting and getting ready for release. i didnt realize you werent even getting it to build still let alone boot.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
you should upload your device tree to see if others could assist....

the way you worded your previous posts i assumed you had a rom that was booting and getting ready for release. i didnt realize you werent even getting it to build still let alone boot.

I haven't completed any build yet. The first 2 attempts resulted in stop errors and the 3rd one is still going.

I have a repo started with the readme, I was seeing if the build completed before I made any commits.

I'm sorry if my previous post misled you. I'm not sure of how else to word stuff. This is my first time trying any type of build or anything.

Thanx for your suggestions. I would appreciate any more that you may have for me.

Upvote 0
its no worries man, just wasnt sure of where you were in making teh rom :)

the reason why i ask about the repo is because i have my original cwm one hidden but i could compare yours and add stuff to it if mine has anything special to it that yours lacks.

That's straight with me. You might need to "hold my hand" a lil as I'm still getting the feel of repo. The cwm i made wasn't from source, I just got a hold of one for the warp2(sequent) and modified it until it worked.

This is all "OJT" for me. lol

Upvote 0
yea which wont flash your cm when its all said and done. you need to have a revcovery made for your device. you guys need to have a cwm device tree submitted to koush and have him make a cwmt for yall since its closed source. only other hopes for a touch recovery would be to port twrp or i add touch support for OUDHS recovery :)

Upvote 0
yea which wont flash your cm when its all said and done. you need to have a revcovery made for your device. you guys need to have a cwm device tree submitted to koush and have him make a cwmt for yall since its closed source. only other hopes for a touch recovery would be to port twrp or i add touch support for OUDHS recovery :)

Will a recovery from the online builder work?

Upvote 0
i seriously doubt it, the website is VERY limited in what it can do. a prime example of this is the past 3 devices ive done cwm on they have tried to use teh builder and it just cant handle all the special needs. as such if it didnt work for regular cwm then it wont for touch. if im not mistaken there is a few pages back before i did cwm of people trying it.

building cwm is best done from source

Upvote 0
i seriously doubt it, the website is VERY limited in what it can do. a prime example of this is the past 3 devices ive done cwm on they have tried to use teh builder and it just cant handle all the special needs. as such if it didnt work for regular cwm then it wont for touch. if im not mistaken there is a few pages back before i did cwm of people trying it.

building cwm is best done from source

Well, I guess that's another thing on the list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones