• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KitKat Remix Roms! CM 11, SlimKat, Omni, PAC, AOKP, & Carbon!

SykkNyzz

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2012
Florence, SC
Disclaimer: Blah blah blah, you know what you do is on you.

What is this?
Fixes of older ROMs made by whoshotjr2006
CM 11 [Don't Use as a Daily Driver]
SlimKat
OMNI-Rom
PAC-Rom
AOKP
Carbon

Wipe everything but External
Flash what else you need.

Gapps, lte files (not included in this ROM)
Gapps: http://www.opengapps.org
Direct Links for LTE files: Follow this link.
http://androidforums.com/threads/port-saber-pac-rom-4-4-4-lg-l90.991943/
(FREEDOM POP APN FIX!!!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mc1kipz9nugftbi/Freedompop+APNs+fix.zip

Credits to:
Tom1957 for the discovery.
whoshotjr2006 for the builds.
curtis1973 for the LTE zips.
mopedryder for the original LTE builds.
JoshD for the mirrors.

Download Links: (My Dropbox)

CM11-Volt-Remix (demonstration purposes only)
SlimKat-Remix
Omni-Volt-Remix
PAC-Remix
AOKP-Remix
Carbon-Remix

Mirrors: Thanks JoshD!
LG Volt Custom ROMs
(Once again up and running!)

The folder from latest CM11 CAF build (etc folder under system) that I used for all the remix builds:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oibcc2k0nmymi1q/etc_from_CM11_CAF.7z?dl=0

I only wanted to make it easier to be found. I took the info that was laid before me by the people listed above. So I used this info to make these ROMs come back to life!

What works?
From what I can see, except Modded USB Tethering.
PDA NET, Clockworkmod Tether, or Easytether can somewhat fix that.

Works on Boost Mobile (I tested that)

Curtis1973 Confirmed that it works on Virgin Mobile as well

I'm not promoting this but this is what I used to fix writing permissions for ext SD after flashing any ROM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd

Dialer Code for AOSP ROMs:

*#*#4636#*#*

BTW I am not a developer, I do not understand everything about CyanogenMod.

So all are welcomed to take over this.
BTW any ROM I fix up will be Remixed here.

Thank you all for what you do...
SykkNyzz

Last edited:
Works fine mjhealy1978. I am encountering tethering issues trying to straight tether net to pc. but I think its driver related. my modding box is running old XP for speed. I recall that there was a USB tethering inf for XP but can't seem to find it. will keep looking
To answer about that fix for Video Recording in Ext. SD you just need an app to fix Write to SD permissions.

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
I love that this is a stable Rom already however, I am still encountering a problem with the camera having green tint. I'm sorry to bother you all once again as I did in the other post with this but I really want to fully enjoy this build if you guys would redirect me to somewhere or someone to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

DT2W works as well as back camera recording; Green tint is the problem.

Upvote 0
I love that this is a stable Rom already however, I am still encountering a problem with the camera having green tint. I'm sorry to bother you all once again as I did in the other post with this but I really want to fully enjoy this build if you guys would redirect me to somewhere or someone to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

DT2W works as well as back camera recording; Green tint is the problem.
As I'm sure you gathered by now, the green tint is an issue on all non stock ROMs. It's also inconsistent. Some people have it, some don't, fixes don't work for everyone, so there's no definite 'do this to fix it' solution, although it seems to be more of an issue on VM phones as opposed to Boost. (I'm on Boost, no green tint) Possibly due to differences in hardware.

Reactions: SykkNyzz
Upvote 0
As I'm sure you gathered by now, the green tint is an issue on all non stock ROMs. It's also inconsistent. Some people have it, some don't, fixes don't work for everyone, so there's no definite 'do this to fix it' solution, although it seems to be more of an issue on VM phones as opposed to Boost. (I'm on Boost, no green tint) Possibly due to differences in hardware.
We've established that the IMX111 camera is green tinting, IMX219 is not.

Upvote 0
I've got no clue what the hell is going on here... but when I flashed the latest CM11 build, it fixed my camera but it broke my texting/calling. When I flashed this CM11 Remix though, my camera is busted again but I've got texting and calling.

What the bleep is going on???

I got the exact same thing! What is going on with this?
As of right now. I cannot answer the VM issue as I'm on BM... I wish I could help better.

Upvote 0
As of right now. I cannot answer the VM issue as I'm on BM... I wish I could help better.

@Ph0enix_216 We can try and start from Zv3.tot and make our way up as someone suggested.

Btw, have you tried dialing ##72786# and see if it stops given you that message? Just letting you know that I might try that in a while.

Reactions: Ph0enix_216
Upvote 0
@Ph0enix_216 We can try and start from Zv3.tot and make our way up as someone suggested.

Btw, have you tried dialing ##72786# and see if it stops given you that message? Just letting you know that I might try that in a while.
We could try that. We'd need Flashify, TowelRoot, and the latest TWRP image for the Volt.

After reading your post, I tried dialing that, but no dice :(

Upvote 0
*#*#4636#*#* my bad

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-04-11-58-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-04-11-58-00.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 261
Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones