• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11S Software Update CM11 05Q Feb 9

CafeKampuchia

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2011
Pursat, Cambodia
Wow, I can't believe it's been since Nov 7th since we got an update! This is an update from 44R to CM11s 05Q Kit Kat and not the full ROM. Go to Settings > About phone > System updates to get it. I'll be scanning for a zip of the OTA file for those to impatient for it to come to their phone :)

It contains some pretty significant changes including SwiftKey and MaxxAudio, an improved camera app, more media codecs and lots of other stuff. Check out the changes here:
This one is packed with new features and fixes to some known issues. With this update you will see that there are improvements to BlueDroid, an updated configuration for NFC, updated media codecs (as well as enabled WMA DSP and AAC codecs), and a few security fixes. Furthermore, SwiftKey and MaxxAudio by Waves, which have always been a OnePlus staffer favorites when it comes to keyboards and sound performance, are now an integrated to the OnePlus experience with this update.

As we continue to improve the camera on the One, there are now three video focus options: auto, continuous, and infinity. Other things that were added include regulatory information, audio output latency optimization, LED overlays, and an ANT+ library. We also removed some features, such as unused key layouts, references to non-existent ringtones, unused strings in CMAccount, and the option for a silent alarm ringtone. Translations have also been improved in Apollo, CMAccount, and the system in general.

For more information, below is a comprehensive list of other changes:

Recovery:
  • Fixed dab with Linux 3.10
  • Improved ADB Sideload
  • Improved wipe confirmation screen layout
  • Improved progress bar
General:
  • Fixed wrong emergency call property
  • Improved audio policy flexibility
  • Increased void volume
  • Improved light controls
  • Updated WCNSS configuration
  • Upgraded ADCB Files
  • Powered HAL improvements
  • Upgraded SQLite to version 3.8.6
  • Reduced volume increment/decrement step per click
  • Added support for Query SIM SMS capacity
  • Upgraded TP firmware to 14001220
  • Fixed headset insert/remove crash
  • Fixed ability to hang up a call from a wired audio headset
Set Up:
  • SetupWizard: Allow turning on mobile data if off by default
FileManager:
  • Fixed force close when sharing multiple files over Bluetooth
FOTA:
  • Displays download size as a decimal prefix
  • Enabled scrolling on the system update screen
  • Added Download clicked notification
  • Shows download size on UI
  • Updated Icons
  • Added progress bar
CameraNext:
  • Added letterbox view for to show actual capture in preview
  • Added toast information to aid in first time use of Continuous shot
GalleryNext:
  • Additional supported video types
Dialer:
  • Blacklist, strip extension from number
  • Fixed screen rotation behavior during call
Clock:
  • Call events can be handled on alarm
  • Fixed city and time zone entries

Source: OnePlus.net Forums | [UPDATE] CM 11S 05Q OTA Released

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I have encountered a problem with this update. Received a message saying an update is available for my system. At the top of my screen there is an arrow pointed down. The message says CM 05Q is incremental. The message further states I will be notified when it is ready for installation.

I have had this in the phone for over 12 hours. There is no way for me to initiate the update.

Is this the norm? Do I just wait? Thanks very much.

Upvote 0
I hate this update..slowed down my phone big time..i can tell a huge diff in speed when im just using the phone..plus typing is slower also and when i type fast it tends to think im swyping ..the previous software was perfect, fast and i was able to type fast and the phone itself was snappy.. im not a happy camper

Upvote 0
I hate this update..slowed down my phone big time..i can tell a huge diff in speed when im just using the phone..plus typing is slower also and when i type fast it tends to think im swyping ..the previous software was perfect, fast and i was able to type fast and the phone itself was snappy.. im not a happy camper
Try booting into recovery and wiping cache, then rebooting.

Upvote 0
it was so bad i had to factory reset..its still slow and i have the bad case of ghost swyping when typing with swiftkey...so bad i had to turn off the flow feature. but the phone overall is still slow..does anyone know how to revert back to the old software.
Flash this:
http://builds.cyngn.com/factory/bacon/cm-11.0-XNPH44S-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip

You might want to try flashing the full 05Q ROM first:
http://builds.cyngn.com/factory/bacon/cm-11.0-XNPH05Q-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones