• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 Discussion Thread

Masterchief87

Android Expert
May 27, 2014
South Florida
Hey everyone, I've created this thread for people (non-developers) who are currently using the CM12.1 Alpha Rom that is currently in development to discuss the Rom and ask and answer questions related to it. Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of activity on the other (developer) CM12.1 thread and make it easier for the developers to share ideas and bug fixes without having to sort through noob questions about how to flash the Rom or people asking what is or is not working.

I kindly ask that if you are not directly contributing to the development that you use this thread instead of the other one.

Let's only use the other thread to contribute useful information that will help hroark13 and the people who are helping him.

Hey everyone, I've created this thread for people (non-developers) who are currently using the CM12.1 Alpha Rom that is currently in development to discuss the Rom and ask and answer questions related to it. Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of activity on the other (developer) CM12.1 thread and make it easier for the developers to share ideas and bug fixes without having to sort through noob questions about how to flash the Rom or people asking what is or is not working.

I kindly ask that if you are not directly contributing to the development that you use this thread instead of the other one.

Let's only use the other thread to contribute useful information that will help hroark13 and the people who are helping him.
Here is how you get your data, cellur and SMS working on CM 12.1 is you first have to download the "zip kis3lril" found here on the CM 12.1 help page by that big dog @hroark13...http://androidforums.com/threads/so-do-any-devs-want-to-help-getting-cm-12-1-working.919662/ on page 4

Then you go to settings>mobile data then preferred network type set it to LTE then go to Access Point Names and change it to T-Mobile 4G LTE IPv6 and bam your network should turn on...

Then to use the Google play store and the other Google apps flash this....https://github.com/cgapps/vendor_google/releases/tag/2015-05-24 now at this point the only thing that's wrong now is a keyboards bug that freezes your screen sometimes and the fact that's there is still no sound from media...[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Upvote 0
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

To build.prop
I can't edit because it says I don't have root?
The build.prop is a system file so you won't be able to edit it in the way you normally would on a different device. You gotta copy it to your storage and then do your editing with a text editor.

Once you make the desired changes, reboot into twrp then mount system. Use the twrp file manager to copy it to /system. Next navigate to /system/build.prop again and set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644 or 0644).
Finally reboot.

Upvote 0
The build.prop is a system file so you won't be able to edit it in the way you normally would on a different device. You gotta copy it to your storage and then do your editing with a text editor.

Once you make the desired changes, reboot into twrp then mount system. Use the twrp file manager to copy it to /system. Next navigate to /system/build.prop again and set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644 or 0644).
Finally reboot.
Could you go a little more step by step on how to do that, I can't get it working. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones