• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM6.1 and exchange email help

wrapkgb

Android Expert
Jun 30, 2010
LOS ANGELES, CA
I flashed CM6.1 a few days ago and absolutely love it! I am having a bit of an issue though... I rely on having my work exchange account on my phone; however, I can't seem to get it to work! So after doing a ton of research I found that some exchange servers certificates are not compatible with the native vanilla email client. The only solution I have found is either using touchdown or a modified email app. I like and want to stickto the native email client but for whatever reason I still can not get it to work with numerous different email.apk's and I'm freakin stuck! And the weird thing is I thought the most current email app for the nexus fixed this problem (which I assume cm would use the same app). So yea I'm stuck and need some assistance on how to resolve this with the stock email app! Thanks and any help would be greatly appriciated!!! And just an fyi I am without a computer for the next couple of days so pushing any files via adb looks to be out of the question! Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones