CM6.1 GPS Problem

Last Updated:

1. Cuso

Cuso Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HI, I went to use my GPS today on my Hero after about month of playing with CM6.1 and noticed I would loose GPS signal , but it would not recover from it, even after driving back to where I used to have signal. Seems the GPS would not lock-on again. I have been searching all 3 forums ( here, XDA and Cyano) to no avail.

Is this an issue with 6.1?
    DO I need to go back to Fresh?

Losing GPS like that is a very big deal for me and I just had 6.1 running fine ( despite the hard-locks) So if someone can point me in the right direction with a link of something I would really appreciate it, THANKS.

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Try downloading GPS Status from the market and let it lock on your GPS location, then try your GPS again, if not I am sure Andy will have a solution for you

3. Cuso

Hmmm. I did have GPS status lock on a few days ago to fix my compass. Would I have to re do it every once in a while? Thanks for the reply..

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

No I do not believe so, I am sure Andy will have a solution when he reads this post

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Yes, you will have to reset the the stats;)

BTW, are you using a BFS kernel from Deca? These kernels may break gps

CFS kernels and the stock CM6 kernel should have no trouble with gps

6. Cuso

I'm using the one that came with CM6.1 ( 2.6.29.6 cyanomod ameer@darchstar #3 )

7. andygu3

Have you reset the gps status stats in manage a-gps status?

Cuso likes this.
  8. Cuso

UPDATE:
    Sorry for not replying sooner. I reset the gps status and had manage a gps download new data. I took the GPS for a test drive and it worked fine, but I never lost GPS signal so I was not sure if the problem was fixed or not. So I decided to take an alternate route today from work, and fired the gps. It indeed lost signal and never came back. Pulled over , turn off GPS and reset/download data and the GPS worked fine all the way home all 45 minutes of the drive.

One detail I left out was that yesterday I "nandroided" to a back-up from CM6 because I was having some issues and I guess the first reset was gone. Thanks Andy for all the help...

9. andygu3

No worries:)

You can also try one of Deca's CFS kernels, never had an issue with gps with one of those recent kernels;)