cm6 mms downloading problem

Last Updated:

1. natorade93

natorade93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure what to do about this, I'm running cyanogenmod6 nightly build-87 (10-11-10). I have on gapps mdpi 10-8-10 and the froyo mms fix.

My phones info is

Baseband version: 2.42.01.04.27

Kernel version: 2.6.29.6-cyanogenmodameer@darchstar #3

Build number: FRG83

What I don't understand is that I have internet connection, I'm actually posting this from my phone, but yet when I try downloading mms messages it lights up my 3g arrows and then says message download unsuccessful. Iv tryed using stock messaging app and handcent and its the same for both. Iv tryed updating permissions and I know my phone is compatable to open the message because I even tried sending myself a ringtone, it sent. But then I couldn't receive it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? And if not maybe I could try going back to a rom that allows me to update prl and profile? But I can't find one of those either... anyone have a link to one?

Advertisement
  2. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

i'm having the same issues. i've cleared data from handset and stock messaging. no luck. i've changed nightlys no luck. going to get build 95 later today and see what happens. hopfully someone knows how to fix this.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

What is your PRL? Look here for fresh [ROM] 08/30/10 | Fresh Hero 2.4.0 | Incremental Update For Freshness - xda-developers

4. natorade93

I have also tried many nightlys and unfortunately 95 didn't fiz this :(

5. natorade93

im not sure how to check from the cm6 version. but i flashed back to the fresh rom from this link and then updated prl and profile. so they should now be up to date although im still confused how they stay up to date after i did the factory reset and then installed the cm6 nightly again. but neways iv come to realize its not all mms. i can still send AND RECIEVE pictures. but i can only send audio. i cant recieve it. theres something about an audio message that my phone wont download. any idea y? or if there could be a fix to this?

6. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

anyone having issues sending mms? i can recieve just fine, but doesnt appear to be sending. just updated to #95

7. andygu3

All good here, no issues with mms. Maybe clear data and cache and reboot, see if that helps

8. natorade93

im running 95 now also. no problems sending text pictures or audio. and no problems recieving text and pictures. only problems recieving audio.

9. andygu3

For those having troubles, have you tried flashing over to fresh and trying send/receive mms on fresh? Also update PRL while you are there. Then do a nandroid restore back to CM6

10. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

This is good advice^

I think that some phones just have issue with mms, and no matter what, it is difficult, if not impossible to completely repair. I have literally been trying to fix it for months, and while some ROMs work better than others, and the same with fixes, not one has totally fixed it. If it is an important message, having it sent twice may be the only guaranteed way to receive it. (or use email) That being said, don't give up if you're having issues, because you never know. Maybe the fix you didn't try would be the one that worked....

11. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

just flashed the mms fix.zip and it looks like im back in business. Also updated PRL. not sure which of the 2 fixed it, but none the less, it works

12. Deftone

Deftone Member

Where did u get the mms fix zip file from?

13. andygu3