cm6 nightlys

Last Updated:

1. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just went to the nightly index. did they start renaming the roms? it used to be the date now the newest ones say hero full 75. i just want to know before i flash one and screw up.

Advertisement
  2. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

The naming convention has changed so that when people post about problems (or successes) with the ROM, they can refer to #74, #75, etc. The higher the number, the newer the version.

3. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

you can just click the hero link to the left of that page and it'll show just the nightlies

4. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks all

5. natorade93

natorade93 Well-Known Member

i went to the list of cyanogenmod 6 nightlys

TeamDouche Mirror System

and iv noticed that the new ones say full-(and then the number) instead of the date they were made... someone else said that these are just being renamed differently so that the nightlys can be refered to by number (highest being most current) instead of by date. this would make sence but what i dont understand is why the new ones have a build number and an md5sum when the old ones dont. why is this? when i use clockmod backups it always says generating md5sum (and im guessing this has to do with an overall file that brings all of my backed up files together? kind of like an instruction sheet for the files when using restore? thats my interpretation). so does this mean that now that the new ones have there own md5sums (whereas the old ones had none) so does that mean that it will overight all the settings and things in my phone with the ones from the nightly im flashing?

6. krazeejb

krazeejb Member

Look a few posts down. This has already been posted. :p

7. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

i assume "heroc" means hero cdma?

8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Yes heroc is CDMA Hero

Also they changed the gapps page, make sure you only flash the MDPI gapps, NO HDPI;)