CM6 texting quirk

Last Updated:

1. my menace

my menace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have noticed a quirk with the stock texting app on CM6. I'm running the 092510 nightly, with the kernel that came with it.

Every so often when I open the stock SMS app and click on a thread it will take me to a thread with another contact. For example I got a text from contact X, I went into the messaging app and clicked on the thread but the app opened the thread of texts between me and contact Y, not X.

Anybody else have this happen? It's not truly bothersome just annoying as it's resulted in me sending texts to random people at some times (could cause a problem between my wife and my girlfriend :eek:)

Advertisement
  2. zkirkpatrick

zkirkpatrick Member

Mine does this as well. I've got Facebook synced so its obvious when it does it to me, easy to back out and go back into the desired contact again. Not really sure what causes it, but yes, I'm experiencing it too.

3. krazeejb

krazeejb Member

I've had that happen on occasion but not lately. I've also installed handscent and like that much better now. you can customize it to get very close to the stock. Maybe that will alleviate your issue.

4. krazeejb

krazeejb Member

Different Texting Issue

Anyone have an issue where it some cases, the text you are sending just fails? this seems to happen when I send long texts and happens with the stock and handscent. I'm on CM6 (Build 75). It's getting frustrating when I send a text, wait for a reply, then it comes back unsent and then I still can't resend it.

5. my menace

my menace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How is handcent these days? I was using back when I was running zenexp but it felt pretty laggy to me so I never installed it on CM6, maybe I'll have to give it another go

6. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

for the stock..it says i've choosed another contact when i know i chose another contact. it also freezes my keyboard and it ends up fc. not sure why this is happening but it happens just about every time i'm entering a message!

7. krazeejb

krazeejb Member

Its not bad. I wouldn't say its miles above the stock version. But you can blacklist to get rid of the voicemail message you get with CM6.