CM6 to Telus 2.1 with Sense

Last Updated:

1. adbird

adbird Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently rooted using unrevoked on a mac, and am now running CM6, id like to go to back to my original software which was 2.1 with Sense on Telus. Is this possible, I dont mind if i lose all my contacts and apps etc. I'd just really like to go back to the software so i can rest easy. If so, can someone provide detailed step by step instructions for this as im a big noob. Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement
  2. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

If you followed a good guide, one that told you to back up before flashing CM6 going back is easy. If you didn't, I'm not sure you can get Telus 2.1 back.

If you created a backup, you need to reboot into recovery. Use RomManager, turn the phone on while holding Power and Volume down, or select reboot-> recovery from the CM6 options. Your best bet is to use RomManager as this will let you flash the latest clockwork version if you don't have it. Once in recovery mode (the track ball will let you navigate the green text) it's as easy as selecting nandroid->Restore and selecting the backup you made. It is saved by date.

If you did not make a backup, you need to do some searching and flash another 2.1 ROM. You can do that the same way you flashed CM6. I have no idea what ROM is still based on 2.1, but if there is one, it's probably listed somewhere here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628

There is currently no way to get a Telus phone back to stock. Even when you restore a backup, you will be restoring a rooted version. An RUU will remove root, but there are none available for Telus at the moment. Hopefully if they ever release 2.2 OTA we will have a way to get the phone to a state which is Telus approved.

3. adbird

When Telus does release 2.2 OTA, i heard they will by end of this year, how exactly do i update? Aswell is there anyway to get my warranty back without a telus RUU??

4. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

When they release it, you will be able to get the RUU. This will flash the ROM, Radio, bootloader and probably recovery as well. This is the same as using the OTA update, and is done from your PC with HTC Sync.

Untill that time, no one has found the Telus 2.1 RUU, and so there is no way to unroot the phone to make it look stock. You can unroot the phone by applying another RUU, but it will be unbranded. I'm honestly not sure what branding Telus have done and they may not notice if you put the generic ROM on. I also dont know what version the phone shipped with, it may be possible to find the same version and radio as a WWE (World Wide English) release. I never noticed much besides some bookmarks for canadian content in the browser.

If you need to get back to stock and find a way, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Hope that helps.

5. adbird

I managed to find a nandroid backup of stock online, as well as telus's radio. I realize this will not unroot it, but it would serve me fine till 2.2. Can someone help me install it???

6. adbird

I would be fine with just a sense 2.2 upgrade, but i dont have one and i suppose id need another radio too and if someone could help me find one and install it, preferably thru live chat but if not, in detail here. thanks

7. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

If you want sense, there are many 2.2 sense ROMs around. Flash them the same way you did CM6. LeeDroid seems to be a popular one.

If you have the nandroid backup, copy it to your SD card if you haven't already. Reboot into recovery and select it as per my instructions above.

If all you want is sense back I would suggest you go over to Desire Android Development - xda-developers and look for a ROM that interests you. I belive you can get a rooted version of the official 2.2 update, and all the Sense ROMs are built off of the official update with tweaks to make it faster/more stable/more powerfull etc.