• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 and End Call soft key

skrapmetal

Android Enthusiast
Feb 3, 2012
Texarkana, TX
Just pulled out the old Ascend and installed CM7, I wish I had found this sooner! Anyways....

Is there a way to get the end call soft key or one of the other keys to take me back to the desktop without having to press the arrow back key several times to take me there? Kind of annoying... pressing the end call key locks the screen, is there a way to reassign it or have another key to take me to the desktop?

Just pulled out the old Ascend and installed CM7, I wish I had found this sooner! Anyways....

Is there a way to get the end call soft key or one of the other keys to take me back to the desktop without having to press the arrow back key several times to take me there? Kind of annoying... pressing the end call key locks the screen, is there a way to reassign it or have another key to take me to the desktop?

Go in the app drawer and open spare parts and change end key to go to home :thumbup:

Sent from my typewriter.

Reactions: skrapmetal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones