CM7 and official recovery is here!

1. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Well I checked it out, and it looks great! The only things that I don't like is that the camera is much diminished, and there is no more tv out option. For me those 2 things are a deal breaker, but if those things aren't important to you check it out! Hopefully the devs will be able to restore our awesome camera app, and the tv out function, then I will definitely be on CM7.
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Yeah, you guys are supposed to have the most advanced camera out there, so I wouldn't want to mess with that!
  4. YrrchSebor0000

YrrchSebor0000 Well-Known Member

from what i understand, CM will never be able to integrate Sense elements, like the awesome camera app... due to totally different frameworks i believe :(
  5. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Yeah, which sucks. I did hear that supposedly the camera from the next version of android will kick ass though, so I am holding out till then. I am just running stock that I have debloated and tweaked.
  6. YrrchSebor0000

yeah same here, rooted stock. that will be awesome if the Ice Cream Sandwich camera kicks ass!
  7. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I just started running the rom senseless by undead...it is like a hybrid of sense and cm7...so far I like it, but I may go back to debloated stock...it is fun to try new things...I am just glad we have official recovery now
  8. YrrchSebor0000

ah that's cool, a lotta people seem to like that ROM, could be the way to go if you want the Doubleshot camera but don't care about anything else Sense. but yeah, gotta love nandroid backups!

is the recovery 100% working now? i thought maybe for some ROMs you have to manually mount /system before flashing... i got a bit confused on that.
  9. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Yeah, for some of the older ones you do. Undead changed his senseless rom so you don't have to do that, which is why I tried it. All future roms will be like that too...just flash..no mounting or what not...
    YrrchSebor0000 likes this.