cm7 can't dial +1xxxxxxxxxx numbers

Last Updated: 2012-05-16 07:39:18
  1. ziddey

ziddey Well-Known Member

It's been driving me nuts. Most of my contacts are stored with +1 in front and are out of my control (facebook syncing etc). I'll have to manually dial the number / paste and delete the +. Or use google voice to dial it.

Don't know if it happened with stock rom, but I'm assuming it wasn't a problem since it seems to have started with cm7.

Any way to fix this? Went through the settings but didn't find any default dialer options. Hoping I missed it.

Advertisement
  2. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

It's a known issue with CM7... Or at least with our CM7 it's always been a problem.
    It ain't just you, anyway
    :D
  3. Whyzor

Whyzor Well-Known Member

It's also a CM7 issue on the OV. I just remove the +1 & save to Google contacts and never have problems.
  4. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

Whyzor,
    Any idea if this is a global CM7 thing?
  5. Whyzor

Whyzor Well-Known Member

Yes, blarf from IHO ROMs mentioned it was a CM7 thing on his xda thread.
    thangfish likes this.
  6. Dilwann

Dilwann Member

I have the same problem with miui
  7. apexcell

apexcell Active Member

Anyone ever figure this one out? I'm having the same problem with CM9.
  8. qu4ttro

qu4ttro Well-Known Member

All of my contacts are saved in this format, +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, and I have no problem dialing them on CM7. I am using the GrooveIP dialer though, maybe that's the difference...
  9. apexcell

apexcell Active Member

Thanks. I find it interesting few people seem to use facebook integration with these ROMS... or maybe it's just me. :)
  10. stevedar69

stevedar69 New Member

This has been driving me crazy for ever. Finally played around with it today and if you go into settings then call settings tap on International Prefix remove the 011 and save. Do not put the +1 there leave it blank and it will call the +1 numbers tried it on 3 of my numbers after I did it and it worked on all. Hope this helps.
    thangfish likes this.
  11. apexcell

apexcell Active Member

Thanks, that does sound like it would do it. Unfortunately, can't find that setting on CM9. Are you on CM7?
  12. drgb

drgb Member

I cant find those setting in CM7 g60 style r0.6 =/
  13. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I personally prefer to use Facebook from my laptop, due to screen size. Then again, I'm middle-aged and my vision is not wonderful, so I'm probably not the average Facebook user. :)
  14. i never knew this was an issue....

i always wondered why there were some friends who can call me but whom i cannot call. hahahaha

wow. good to know.

well, good thing the fix is super simple, delete +1 in contacts and resave. easy and painless. :D