• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm7 can't dial +1xxxxxxxxxx numbers

ziddey

Aug 1, 2011
It's been driving me nuts. Most of my contacts are stored with +1 in front and are out of my control (facebook syncing etc). I'll have to manually dial the number / paste and delete the +. Or use google voice to dial it.

Don't know if it happened with stock rom, but I'm assuming it wasn't a problem since it seems to have started with cm7.

Any way to fix this? Went through the settings but didn't find any default dialer options. Hoping I missed it.

This has been driving me crazy for ever. Finally played around with it today and if you go into settings then call settings tap on International Prefix remove the 011 and save. Do not put the +1 there leave it blank and it will call the +1 numbers tried it on 3 of my numbers after I did it and it worked on all. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that does sound like it would do it. Unfortunately, can't find that setting on CM9. Are you on CM7?

Upvote 0
This has been driving me crazy for ever. Finally played around with it today and if you go into settings then call settings tap on International Prefix remove the 011 and save. Do not put the +1 there leave it blank and it will call the +1 numbers tried it on 3 of my numbers after I did it and it worked on all. Hope this helps.

I cant find those setting in CM7 g60 style r0.6 =/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones