• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CM7 Easy Installation]

My alarm is not on.. and alarm is set to a ring tone i download... now for sound back i did not install..

did you install any app before this happen, if so uninstall it and reboot the phone and see if the problem has been resolve, some peoples on here had similar problem like this and some have found out it was the alarm and some had found out it was a gapps app they install, soundback, kickback of some sort.

Reactions: jstarner
Upvote 0
did you install any app before this happen, if so uninstall it and reboot the phone and see if the problem has been resolve, some peoples on here had similar problem like this and some have found out it was the alarm and some had found out it was a gapps app they install, soundback, kickback of some sort.

i have removed every app installed on phone.. but im not sure what u mean by the settings for the alarm, i have looked in all the settings and not sure how it goes to notifcations. i have deleted any alarms etc and have the alarms to set to 0 hrtz now and still rings.. i see others have had issue but there was never any responses..

Upvote 0
i have removed every app installed on phone.. but im not sure what u mean by the settings for the alarm, i have looked in all the settings and not sure how it goes to notifcations. i have deleted any alarms etc and have the alarms to set to 0 hrtz now and still rings.. i see others have had issue but there was never any responses..

try this build CM7-Acsend-BobZ-1-signed.zip

Upvote 0

+1

A good,solid build of CM7.Also,this one does NOT have DT's A2SD built-in,so,if you haven't partitioned your SDcard,now would be a good time to do so,(backup card content to a PC first).
Use CWM RECOVERY to do this,w/the recommended 512 partition & 32 swap.
Then,I'd try out one of the later builds again that has DT's A2SD.

Upvote 0
+1

A good,solid build of CM7.Also,this one does NOT have DT's A2SD built-in,so,if you haven't partitioned your SDcard,now would be a good time to do so,(backup card content to a PC first).
Use CWM RECOVERY to do this,w/the recommended 512 partition & 32 swap.
Then,I'd try out one of the later builds again that has DT's A2SD.

i did install the mod u suggested.. i did not put the DT A2SD on it.. and im trying it now.. only installed GMAIL. thats it.. and will see if that works i should know soon.. thanks

Upvote 0
i have recently flashed cm7 to my huawei ascend bringing my firmware to 2.3.5 .everything works amazing except my wifi.maybe there is a rom update someone can send me a link to.ive already bricked my phone once and had to reinstall the factory rom image,so please help me fix my problem.its not too big of a problem but i need my wifi :thinking:

Sorry for the late response.
If you could elaborate on the details of your WI-FI issues,I'm sure someone here has experienced the same problems you have & will jump in & offer up a solution.

Upvote 0
<---- This guy had the exact same problem. First time I flashed everything was running great but my wifi wouldnt search or connect and when I tried to turn it on it would "turn on" and then seconds later turned off. PlayfulGod gave me the solution. The solution was reflash wipe data, cache, dalvik and then format boot, system, data, cache (which I skipped the formatting part the first time) I did all that and reflashed and havent had that problem since.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
how did it turn out?

Well it doesnt ring anymore but reset quite a bit.. but dang sure better than hearing it ring lol... thank you so much.. i wish i could not get it to restart but cant win them all right... thank so much and i did clean the connection on the battery.. but hey atleast it works...

Many thanks ...

thanks for the Response quickly too.

Upvote 0
Well it doesnt ring anymore but reset quite a bit.. but dang sure better than hearing it ring lol... thank you so much.. i wish i could not get it to restart but cant win them all right... thank so much and i did clean the connection on the battery.. but hey atleast it works...

Many thanks ...

thanks for the Response quickly too.

Try turning down the CPU MAX setting,this sometimes takes care of the constant re-booting.Also,run FIX PERMISSIONS in ROM MANAGER,then re-boot & hopefully your restarts will be history.

Upvote 0
Try turning down the CPU MAX setting,this sometimes takes care of the constant re-booting.Also,run FIX PERMISSIONS in ROM MANAGER,then re-boot & hopefully your restarts will be history.

I lowered the Max down 1 notch, and run fix permission.. will repost and let u know and anyone else that maybe having the same issues know.. it helps all to know.. :)

Many thanks

Upvote 0
I lowered the Max down 1 notch, and run fix permission.. will repost and let u know and anyone else that maybe having the same issues know.. it helps all to know.. :)

Many thanks

Ok i did this.. and it stopped Rebooting.. but got the ring back LOL.. i cant win.. so i guess i will re flash and deal with the rebooting..

Thanks

**Note to Self** maybe i should try hard to find a flash for my Droid Htc Eris and through this phone in the trash lol...

Upvote 0
Ok i did this.. and it stopped Rebooting.. but got the ring back LOL.. i cant win.. so i guess i will re flash and deal with the rebooting..

Thanks

**Note to Self** maybe i should try hard to find a flash for my Droid Htc Eris and through this phone in the trash lol...

Christmas isn't too far off,perhaps a 're-gift' for that favorite in-law ........... :p

Upvote 0
So,is it back to ICARUS 1.1 or CM6 for ya?
I haven't ran either,but,hear that both are excellent alternatives for those that have phones that can't run CM7.
If you haven't tried CM7 07012011(by BOB ZHOME),it's a stable build w/DT's A2SD.Perhaps your phone can run this build.

Well i tried Icarus 1.1 and it was smooth but the phone would reset about every 2 mins.. now mind u im speaking about 3 phones same model and all me, my wifes and my daughters.. ... So i wont go back to icarus.. i havent tried cm6 yet.. now the other 2 phones i put back to stock rom.. but i got more time hence im self employed.. i have re done my phone agian and re clocked the cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and it seems to be working... now.. this is diffrent i have been flashing phones for some time.. but i was doing alot of the HTC Moguls and stuff for metro.. and just started messing with the Android system.. like i have a brand new HTC ERIS Android.. but cant find really any instruction.. i found one but hard to understand..

sorry for the long version lol..

i went back in ... and set cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and seems to be fine for the last 30 or so mins..i guess im going to go back re rom it.. and deal with the rebooting lol...

Upvote 0
Well i tried Icarus 1.1 and it was smooth but the phone would reset about every 2 mins.. now mind u im speaking about 3 phones same model and all me, my wifes and my daughters.. ... So i wont go back to icarus.. i havent tried cm6 yet.. now the other 2 phones i put back to stock rom.. but i got more time hence im self employed.. i have re done my phone agian and re clocked the cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and it seems to be working... now.. this is diffrent i have been flashing phones for some time.. but i was doing alot of the HTC Moguls and stuff for metro.. and just started messing with the Android system.. like i have a brand new HTC ERIS Android.. but cant find really any instruction.. i found one but hard to understand..

sorry for the long version lol..

i went back in ... and set cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and seems to be fine for the last 30 or so mins..i guess im going to go back re rom it.. and deal with the rebooting lol...

One other opinion is going to stock/rooted,de-bloat as much as possible per ULTIMATE ASCEND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE,& use LINK2SD(in the ANDROID MARKET) to move user apps to the SD card.You can even move the DALVIK Cache to SD w/this app.
I ran this way for quite a while until I took the plunge to CM7.
You can move even more apps to the SDcard w/TITANIUM BACKUP PRO.It lets you turn system apps into user apps & subsequently move them to the SDcard.
Just don't move the launcher,market,browser,email,or keyboard to SD & you should be OK.

Upvote 0
One other opinion is going to stock/rooted,de-bloat as much as possible per ULTIMATE ASCEND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE,& use LINK2SD(in the ANDROID MARKET) to move user apps to the SD card.You can even move the DALVIK Cache to SD w/this app.
I ran this way for quite a while until I took the plunge to CM7.
You can move even more apps to the SDcard w/TITANIUM BACKUP PRO.It lets you turn system apps into user apps & subsequently move them to the SDcard.
Just don't move the launcher,market,browser,email,or keyboard to SD & you should be OK.

Ok heres what did.. i took one more step from one of your Previous steps.. and i downloaded all the Correct CM6 Rom, and gapps.. and i already had clockwork.. so i flashed to stock rom.. formated sd, copied files to sd.. re flashed with cm6 and gapps... only installed gmail... and it seems to have worked ... but i will know in a hr or so if its going to ring.....

thanks for the help.. i will respond back here and let ya know.. and anyone else who is following... and if all else fails i will follow the idea above ^^ u suggested last night...

Upvote 0
ok...

So now i have figure out what the ringing is.. but dont know how to stop it in the settings.. So the ringing is coming from the incall sound.. So like if some calls me. and i hit the volume button its controls the incall volume.. if i turn it down to just about off.. i dont hear the ringing.. but if i leave it up.. the phone rings like never before.. i dont see a setting for that or how to make it stop i dont know if u ever heard of this or what.. i just think its strange same on other phones too.. just never touched the volume when it did. it so i will see what u think about this.. lol.. strange..

thanks so much...

Upvote 0
Thanks to Bobzhome:

• Joenathan - My go to guy for testing, themes and good in a fight
  • MarcNvidic - Dev working on the Huawei IDEOs. I've stol..er borrowed so many fixes from him. Big thanks to Marc.
  • Tom Giordano - The main man on the Huawei Pulse. He's pretty much the whole reason why I got CM6/7 on the Ascend.
  • Pip2kk (Etnie) - For letting me host my ROMs on this wiki and maintaining CM6.
  • Pcs209 - For the original USB Mounting fix.
  • Adefa - He made MMS his bitch.
  • PlayfulGod - For fixing the MetroOFF package to work with CWM3+, constantly testing new builds, and maintaining CM7-Ascend.
  • Turl - For doing such a great job on the Motorola Zeppelin. It's helped me out with my kernel.
  • Koushik Dutta a.k.a Koush - For his bad-ass recovery
  • Steve Kondik a.k.a Cyanogen - Seriously? Do I need to state why I owe thanks to this guy
    • Build by PlayfulGod
      • Synced with CM repos (CM7.2, 2.3.5)
  • WIP
    • Build by PlayfulGod
      • Synced with CM repos
      • Looking into LED lights not working
THanks guy's for everything. It's awesome that you guy's do this for the ascend, currently running the cm7.2 everything works great on it. Man it's awesome. Its faster than the stock og I got it with. I am greatful for the time and energy you all put on these mods. I read up a little on kmod and just thought I'd say guy's like those dont deserve to even be known. You guy's are awesome keep up the great work.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
THanks guy's for everything. It's awesome that you guy's do this for the ascend, currently running the cm7.2 everything works great on it. Man it's awesome. Its faster than the stock og I got it with. I am greatful for the time and energy you all put on these mods. I read up a little on kmod and just thought I'd say guy's like those dont deserve to even be known. You guy's are awesome keep up the great work.

+ 1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones