• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 for Samsung Transform Ultra(FOR DEVELOPERS AND TESTERS ONLY)

I don't believe it's for good, just a break to relax, regroup and get a fresh new perspective on it. From what I've read while following this is that it is a lot of blood, sweat and tears porting this to the TU. This is a very important project to these guys and they will get it done.

Thanks for your hard work and sacrifices to make CM7 happen!!! Enjoy your break. This includes testers also, without them it would be even harder for the devs to make sure it works right on a variety of phones.

Edit: It does seem kinda quiet around here doesn't it.

Upvote 0
I am just worried that we will be abandoned by our developers. This has been my past experience with low end and midrange android phones. The devs will leave the project on "a break" and never return. =\

Please stay with us Bads3ctor and Penguin repair. We need you guys!

also guys keep in mind that the TU has been out for quite a while now..most serious android enthusiasts are jumping from one phone to the next or working on several phones at once..i have had four or five phones in the past year and a half..but love my TU..i have some higher end htc phones and i still think my stock overclocked TU will dogg most of them out..pound for pound the TU definitely holds it own..

Upvote 0
I hate to say it, but I will be switching to contract soon as phones like the TU just arent worth the price and will never have CM7. So, most people look at the TU as End Of Life or never had a life.

Just save money and go with the EVO V (Formally renamed EVO 3D) on Virgin Mobile with 4G for $55 a month on the Unlimited plan. It's only $299.

Upvote 0
Not these kinds of bricks. Once you have ram dump mode on the TU, you are toast. There are 4 ways to brick the TU in this manner:

dd a new kernel to the /boot partition
flash a kernel using an edify script
Odin a kernel that the TU does not like
CWM restore a kernel the TU doesn't like

I also tried to use CDMA Tools to communicate with the TU while in ram dump mode....it connects but does not communicate with the phone. It's now in a UPS drop box waiting for pickup. :cool:
im confused because my TU has done multiple ram dumps and all i did was battery pull to fix it or is that something else?
EDIT: nvm need to read all the post b4 posting lol my question was already answered earlier :p

Upvote 0
Well. I guess this is it. That's a shame. I still have this phone for another year. No more development? Why does this happen to every phone I get?

Its the curse of opensource for machines with different parameters. If android was one machine like iphone was we'd all have 3000 devs working on that one machine but since android has many different phones and no one of those phones are singularly as popular as an iphone is, people change there phones or move on and there are few to carry the torch :(.

On the other hand, you could find out what one of the more predominant devs for cm is going to get next and then buy that phone lol. That way you are almost sure to get cm9, 10 or whatever comes next.

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
1st thanks to all the Devs and testers working on this. What I have to say is not pointed your way.

To the general audience. This is not the end of the line for this phone. Yeah the cm project is great but at the end of the day what is it going to give you compared to other Roms by Devs that are still hard at work?

Sorry it just seems like label whoring to me. Which is the problem this phone has in the 1st place. No matter if Boost put out a solid gold phone with free unlimited service its still a prepaid phone. That will never stroke the label whores because its not the most.

I use Ultra rom and enjoy awesome tech support from Katracho. Laying aside all the hype what can CM7 do for me that Ultra rom can't? CM7 is still just tweaked 2.3 Gingerbread.

Hopefully these guys stay with us but its simply not the end of this phones rooting comunity if they don't finish this.

my 2 cents

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I agree with almost every word.....almost :) Iam running ultra Rom and I love the daily attention. I was especially happy today when I logged for the first time since Wednesday because I took on an iPhone chore for a friend that consumed my Thursday(hate Apple) and saw that he also unlocked boot animation which I have harassed penguin repair for and maverikmeercat and loota and so on. I will respectfully disagree and say cm7 is what android is made for.it isn't just tweaked gingerbread, it's completely customizable.top to bottom tech nerd type of stuff that it's what separates android from iPhone and Mac from pc. I hope they finish it but I am more than happy with what I've gotten out of this phone already as a result of their generous work. I am so eagerly awaiting the release just on the chance it gets done so lately every time someone has commented on this thread I think the time has come! Lol. So leave this thread alone ya whiners! It's supposed to be for devs and testers anyway :) just sayin

Reactions: PH8AL
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones