• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Nightlies???

Hi DS!

The nightlies are less stable than the version you are currently have (which I too am rocking at present). I haven't been too bothered about the nightlies to be honest, as I've always found their stable versions to be best!

Some of the nightlies can just be flashed over the top of the previous version and some require a wipe before you flash them... it depends very much from one to the other, but usually says in the notes on the CM site as to whether you require a full wipe before flashing. As the nightlies are non-stable releases, bug reports should not be filed about any issues.

I hope this helps a little... if you have any more questions on it, drop me a PM and I'll try to explain a little more!

Reactions: Dark Spartan
Upvote 0
Me and u are in the same boat im also running 7.1.0-11 android version 2.3.7
and wounder if 7.2 is an upgrade to what we are using now.

I no that CM9 (ice cream sandwich) will be the next best thing to the android system but Ive heard that there are a few bugs in it, that need to be worked out I think the camera is one bug that they are working on but it is stable enough to use on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones