• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 ported to LG optimus C :D

I have heeded your warning. Would like to know more about overclocking. I have not tried it yet, I know it can be harmful, but would still like to experiment.

There isn't much you can really do unless you can code your own kernels. When you flash Rebel's overclock kernel you just download SetCPU and then move the slider to the right to increase your CPU speed.

Upvote 0
There isn't much you can really do unless you can code your own kernels. When you flash Rebel's overclock kernel you just download SetCPU and then move the slider to the right to increase your CPU speed.

Basically he's right. He simplified it. It is all also dependent on your phone.Say your phone is old, it might choke on a higher speed. Mine can stay stable on 864 but say the next guy could only stay stable at 802. varies with each phone.

Upvote 0
Bk4ng
You can edit the eri.xml file located within the framework-res.apk file. Hex edit the eri.xml file and replace "Metro PCS" with "Cricket".

*** Edit *** After editing the eri.xml and the build.prop to include the correct information for Cricket, I put that all back together into a signed zip and flashed. I noticed that this corrects a bunch of Metro PCS info to Cricket and seems to work a little better. I also included the MMS fix right in the flashable rom file.

Do you have a link to that zip man?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Bk4ng
You can edit the eri.xml file located within the framework-res.apk file. Hex edit the eri.xml file and replace "Metro PCS" with "Cricket".

*** Edit *** After editing the eri.xml and the build.prop to include the correct information for Cricket, I put that all back together into a signed zip and flashed. I noticed that this corrects a bunch of Metro PCS info to Cricket and seems to work a little better. I also included the MMS fix right in the flashable rom file.

Is there any way you could make this new signed zip available to others???

Upvote 0
I keep seeing the words Follow the Instructions, but there seems to be no instructions in any of the posts regarding where to locate the recovery used for this, how to install it, how to apply the MMS fix, etc. Have these illusive instructions been moved/edited? If instructions are supplied at an external source, A link to said source would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I can tell you why this ROM has Metro all thru it and didnt work for cricket from the get go. That is because mr rebel here (aka Thomas Romspert, momentai99) jacked someone else's ROM and half-assed cooked to make the changes needed to work on the OC. Now that really isnt an issue except for the fact he claims he ported CM7 to the Optimus C, not cooked and modded someone elses work. And then he has the nerve to ask you all to fund his synergy habit and links you to his lame site so you can click on ads for him.

And as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Just look at the build.prop in this ROM and it tells all. this is a cooked/modded ROM at best and a far cry from what a port is. A port is built and compiled from source (src) not cooked in a kitchen. And to beat it all he gives no credit to the Dev than done the port he jacked.

Just a FYI about who you all have been dealing with!

AF Staff,

Sorry about this but members need to know about who they are dealing with!

Reactions: someotherdood
Upvote 0
Agreed. This guy was busy slandering one Android site (PPA) by claiming we have been known to break phones, and saying PlayfulGod's Ascend II recovery was buggy and dangerous as well, all while he was claiming to work WITH PlayfulGod on the recovery.

He was also masquerading as a "Verified Developer" at the MCF forums until he was exposed a couple of days ago as a hack and a thief, before being stripped of his title, and has managed maybe 2 posts in the time since, never showing any proof whatsoever of the "development" he has allegedly done.

Add to that the fact that half of his posts at MCF are either begging for donations, begging people to click on his blog ads, or holding his alleged ROMs ransom until he is able to SELL the phones that were supposed to have been DONATED to him specifically FOR THAT DEVELOPMENT, and you have someone who is absolutely untrustable and should not be endorsed or suffered in any way. The only people he allowed to test his "works" are people who donated, and he openly said that the highest monetary donators would get the most consideration.

Does that sound like someone you'd trust to be honest and to actually do the hard work it takes to make a true, working port of something for your phone?

Upvote 0
I can tell you why this ROM has Metro all thru it and didnt work for cricket from the get go. That is because mr rebel here (aka Thomas Romspert, momentai99) jacked someone else's ROM and half-assed cooked to make the changes needed to work on the OC. Now that really isnt an issue except for the fact he claims he ported CM7 to the Optimus C, not cooked and modded someone elses work. And then he has the nerve to ask you all to fund his synergy habit and links you to his lame site so you can click on ads for him.

And as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Just look at the build.prop in this ROM and it tells all. this is a cooked/modded ROM at best and a far cry from what a port is. A port is built and compiled from source (src) not cooked in a kitchen. And to beat it all he gives no credit to the Dev than done the port he jacked.

AF Staff,

He claimed it to be a dirty port which isn't close either
I'm a Dev, j test, theme, and help build kernels for entertainment not performance and I've no longer got my Linux to do anything and I really don't see myself getting it again

I am known in the LG ally community and death2all110 tought me alot while helping him build his rom.

This was all stolen from the OM link and he didn't even bother cooking it, I flashed both roms and they are both the same just zipped under a different name

The Guy is indeed a fraud and just a blogger tryna make money

Playfulgod if u need anyhelp testing or any theme/coding done as far as 2.2.2 or up goes I will help u (donations unwanted/not needed)
You can reach me at garyschoelkopf@Gmail.com

Reactions: PlayfulGod
Upvote 0
He claimed it to be a dirty port which isn't close either
I'm a Dev, j test, theme, and help build kernels for entertainment not performance and I've no longer got my Linux to do anything and I really don't see myself getting it again

I am known in the LG ally community and death2all110 tought me alot while helping him build his rom.

This was all stolen from the OM link and he didn't even bother cooking it, I flashed both roms and they are both the same just zipped under a different name

The Guy is indeed a fraud and just a blogger tryna make money

Playfulgod if u need anyhelp testing or any theme/coding done as far as 2.2.2 or up goes I will help u (donations unwanted/not needed)
You can reach me at garyschoelkopf@Gmail.com
Thanks, will keep you in mind if the need arises.

Upvote 0

AF Staff,

He sat down for a few hours and tweaked it? More like sat down for a few seconds and renamed it. Haha, I had no idea, this is just HELLarious. Wonder if its got my kernel or if he actually took the time to unpack the boot.img and put his own in.

Edit: Hey! that little turd gave a direct link to my dropbox MMS fix, didn't even mention my name, and asked for a donation in the same damn thread. Boo this man.

Upvote 0
He sat down for a few hours and tweaked it? More like sat down for a few seconds and renamed it. Haha, I had no idea, this is just HELLarious. Wonder if its got my kernel or if he actually took the time to unpack the boot.img and put his own in.

Edit: Hey! that little turd gave a direct link to my dropbox MMS fix, didn't even mention my name, and asked for a donation in the same damn thread. Boo this man.
nope he didnt even repack your kernel update zip lol

Upvote 0
I really really need help if anyone can. I have an LG Optimus C rooted and flashed with the latest CM7 build. I did it twice step by frigging step and everything seems to work fine BUT I get gps like in maps, Facebook and any other location based app however when I use Navigation for maps for voice guided help, it locks on my position, gives me directions in text but says 'Looking for gps' or something to that degree. It NEVER locks on and the Navigation NEVER works, I actually need it more than I realized and am desperate for help. Can someone please help me fix this problem, I've searched everywhere I could think of to no avail. I also have the XDA modified Flash Player and it works part of the time. Is there a browser from the market or anywhere I could install which would make Flash work better? I'm a member on her for replies or you can email me at mshuman77@hotmail.com. I LOVE CM7 but if I can't fix the navigation issues I'll have to consider going back to stock or trying another ROM. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you everyone in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones