• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cramill

Jun 23, 2010
Arizona
So, a CM7 stable version has just been released, but I hear there may be some issues with GPS still.
CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution
[ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-7 for Slide :: V7.0.0 (04/10/2011) - xda-developers

Has anyone tried it out? I was going to try it this morning, but when flashing I accidentally flashed CM7 RC4 first and set up some settings and things, then I went back into recovery to flash CM7 stable. They say that you don't need to wipe then flash a newer version of CM7, but when I tried that and my phone was rebooting, it just hung on the CM7 startup screen for a very long time. So, with a battery pull and a nandroid restore now I'm back with the CM6 I have gotten used to.

Has anyone else tried CM7 and how is it working out for you?

Works great, and I love it...

I'm on the latest full version, which i think is 2.3.3, RC4 or something. Retry installing it, I noticed Cyanogen mod takes ages to load compared to the stock MyTouch Slide, but once it boots up, it's pretty quick...

According to this: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution The newest version is CM 7.0.0 stable (not an RC, but it is Android 2.3.3). Aparently some people are having problems with WiFi and GPS with it. Maybe I'll wait until the next stable release to try out CM7...

Upvote 0
I have been on CM7 Stable for a week or more now and it works great. I just used the GPS today with Run keeper and had no problems. As far as problems with the Wifi, I started having issues with my Wifi while I was still on 2.1 un rooted so I have not noticed anything. My phone is on Wifi now and it works though sometimes I do find that the connection looks good but nothing will load. I just turn the Wifi on and off and everything is fine again. Sometimes it will go a few days on Wifi with no issues.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones