• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm7 wifi issue

I've never dropped the phone before. I thought it could be a hardware issue, but the wifi worked perfectly before both receiving and then sending out to the computer. Is it possible for an APP's failure to cause hardware failure? If so, the full wipe and restore should cover the fact that I was rooted before right? I don't want that to be a problem... The wipe un-rooted it, and all the spamware is back.

Upvote 0
Mines is already disabled, still no go. I don't know if its my router, its done it before at another house and I tried to use there internet

first go to your wifi settings and go to advanced and turn your static ip on then put your ip address, gateway, and all that other stuff in so your mac address on your computer can identify through your phone and have it connect, after it connect you will no longer need your static ip, turn it off because if you dont it could interfere with your 3g connection and your internet and market won't
work, if you do that it should work.

Also when you do that go to your router and check wireless device.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
so i just flashed a rom (not my first time doing this)
but after i installed the Google apps and stuff, i wanted to turn on wifi to download Tit Bu (Titanium backup) but when i tried to turn on wifi through the settings, it said "turning on..."
then 5 secs after that it gives me an "Error"
is there a way to fix this, so i can have my wifi back :/

Upvote 0
first go to your wifi settings and go to advanced and turn your static ip on then put your ip address, gateway, and all that other stuff in so your mac address on your computer can identify through your phone and have it connect, after it connect you will no longer need your static ip, turn it off because if you dont it could interfere with your 3g connection and your internet and market won't
work, if you do that it should work.

Also when you do that go to your router and check wireless device.

how can u find that information?

Upvote 0
Hello im a new user on this website and I need some help. I Installed cm7-ascend-05142011 then the google apps-20110307 on my cricket ascend. When i get on the 2.3 version everything worked fine except for the internet connection and the market place app. On the top status bar it showed the 3g icon but no internet access.Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Upvote 0
Hello im a new user on this website and I need some help. I Installed cm7-ascend-05142011 then the google apps-20110307 on my cricket ascend. When i get on the 2.3 version everything worked fine except for the internet connection and the market place app. On the top status bar it showed the 3g icon but no internet access.Any suggestions on how to fix this.

try pulling the battery and leave it out for about 5 minutes than boot it back up and test it.

Reactions: androidascend2
Upvote 0
Ok, I found a temporary fix for this. It's not Ideal because you have to do it for each Wifi Network you connect to. But if you must have the new build, and don't want your wifi dropping in and out, here ya go.

Download Wifi Buddy (free on android market.) I'm sure there are other programs you can use, but this is the one I know.

Download Gtech Net Tools (Again Free on Market).

Enable your wifi like usual.

Go into Gtech, Click IP Config. Click Wifi, and write down all your settings while it's still connected. If it drops out while your doing this, just refresh when it connects again.

Write down your connected/IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS Server.

Exit, and open Wifi Buddy.
Click preferances, Wifi Networks, Hit your Menu Button, Click advanced.
Goto Use Static IP, and plug in the info you wrote down from Gtech.
(Netmask = Subnet Mask)

Arrow back once the info is in place, and connect to your Wifi.

It'll Stay stable, and no longer keep dropping, and reobtaining your Wifi.

For any new connections, rinse and repeat.

Cheers :)

Dude , It worked Like A Charm , My wifi is stable ! ^_^ Thanks A lot .

Upvote 0
Ok, I found a temporary fix for this. It's not Ideal because you have to do it for each Wifi Network you connect to. But if you must have the new build, and don't want your wifi dropping in and out, here ya go.

Download Wifi Buddy (free on android market.) I'm sure there are other programs you can use, but this is the one I know.

Download Gtech Net Tools (Again Free on Market).

Enable your wifi like usual.

Go into Gtech, Click IP Config. Click Wifi, and write down all your settings while it's still connected. If it drops out while your doing this, just refresh when it connects again.

Write down your connected/IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS Server.

Exit, and open Wifi Buddy.
Click preferances, Wifi Networks, Hit your Menu Button, Click advanced.
Goto Use Static IP, and plug in the info you wrote down from Gtech.
(Netmask = Subnet Mask)

Arrow back once the info is in place, and connect to your Wifi.

It'll Stay stable, and no longer keep dropping, and reobtaining your Wifi.

For any new connections, rinse and repeat.

Cheers :)

Hello
You made my day and this is not just a temp fix it is a very good fix because everyone is searching for it.
Because of this problem i was unable to use MIUI new version and CM7 also.
The trick you showed here look very simple and i was not sure it will work but when i did it is working like a charm.
Thank you and keep it up.
Regards

Upvote 0
Hello
You made my day and this is not just a temp fix it is a very good fix because everyone is searching for it.
Because of this problem i was unable to use MIUI new version and CM7 also.
The trick you showed here look very simple and i was not sure it will work but when i did it is working like a charm.
Thank you and keep it up.
Regards

Hello, I am having same problem sometimes. Usually wifi connects in 1-2 sec...randomly scanning gets stucked and NOTHING helps. Reboot, check-unckeck wify-no way.
Ok, I solved the problem like this. Problem is custom wify apk gets stuck and scanning does not start. I installed Wifi Analiser. Options-check open wifi when program starts-leave unchecked tur
n off when quit program.
This will do and you do not have to kill the router or settings or phone. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones