1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

CM9 Alpha 2 - No GPS

1. MartyMcFly85

MartyMcFly85 Active Member

I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I am hooked on CM9 is just a great rom. I need GPS though.

Would flashing a modem via Odin help? I'm a little worried doing so may brick this phone.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Well-Known Member

Modem may help. But the work around on all ics roms has been to acquire GPS while on a gb rom and then with GPS on flash a ics rom.
  3. MartyMcFly85

Would it be safe to flash a EL or EK modem?
  4. rounsy222

Ymmv but yes it should be. I haven't been on cm since the initial release so I am not totally current on latest do's and dont's of it but I know on all tw roms modems are completely independent of the rom and or kernel and you can use any of them on any build.
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Flashing a modem in Odin won't damage the phone at all. Modems are completely separate from the kernel and ROM on this phone.

Try alpha 3, it is supposed to resolve some GPS issues. I didn't have any GPS issues with alpha 2 so I don't know if it will fix yours or not.

Also I flashed FD16 modem a few days ago and it is running great. If you need it pm me and I'll send you the tar
  6. rounsy222

Thanks for clarifying that on cm. From what I have seen and my own experience each phone and each persons area will react entirely different on each modem. El26 and fc15 has given me the best results. I am in the process of testing fd19 right now.
  7. JaydeEvo

JaydeEvo Well-Known Member

I am using Alpha 3 now. MUCH BETTER GPS
  8. rounsy222

good to hear. Thanks
  9. MartyMcFly85

Does anyone have a link you alpha 3? I've seen alpha 1 4.0.3 and alpha 2 4.0.4 only.
  10. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member