CM9 for ICS leak vs stock

1. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone else installed dhacker's ICS leak CM9 build.

I installed it via safestrap and I actually think I like stock with Apex launcher better, besides all of the bloatware.

Advertisement
    :
  2. basoodler

basoodler Well-Known Member

It took me 3 tries to get cm9 to flash. Safe strap didn't take the first time and lead to a blank screen boot loop after enabling safe. So I tried bionic bootstrap and it boot looped the rom after I flashed.

So I fxz and return to pics and try safe strap, this time it works and cm9 flashed.

Having said that, it runs great and is smooth. I wouldn't say its a huge change from stock leak ics. The main diff being that cm9 is void of bloatware, which makes me happy.

I've noticed that performance settings for CPU are not working on cm9. I don't use web top so I can't comment on that. Otherwise its running great. No hiccups and is worth the effort if you don't want all the bloat.
  3. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Of course stock ICS has a built in way to freeze bloatware and you can always root and remove it if you need the memory. I guess my big problem with CM9 is that it doesn't officially support the Bionic though hopefully that may change.
  4. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

I have the paid version of Titanium Backup and I was going to use that to get rid of bloatware, but if it's better/easier to do with stock ICS please let me know how to do it. I did not know that was possible.
  5. dautley

Go to manage apps, choose the app and you will see a Disable button in the top right hand corner, but again this just freezes the app, TB is the easiest way to go if you want to remove it! :)
  6. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Not every app has that option.
  7. dautley

but most of the bloatware built into the ROM does, I don't think any of the system files that are considered part of the ROM does but you can disable a lot of the trash with it.
    As I said the best true way to uninstall your bloat is to use TB then wipe the Dalvik Cache to recover the extra memory.
    Were going to have to FXZ 902 to get back on the upgrade path anyway once the ICS final comes out so I don't see any harm in it.
    I just wanted people to know you can freeze some built in bloat via the ICS OS now is all. :)
  8. basoodler

basoodler Well-Known Member

Cm9 seems like it will be stable shortly and is pretty much stripped down stock with some extra options. I figure if you are going to take the time to debloat. It would probably be less time consuming to flash a rom.

I would wait a few days to let them iron out the data worked out. It works for some people already and not for others.

We all have to fxz back to 902 when it goes to ota , may as well be adventurous :)