CM9 is booting (as I've heard)

1. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

Well, ktb says that GP has a booting cm9.. I'm hyped!
    May not be completely true, but this is great news!

Advertisement
    :
  2. wyliee

wyliee Well-Known Member

Oh snap.
  3. landonh12

4. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

[​IMG]
    jonny5449 likes this.
  5. elgecko

elgecko Well-Known Member

6. landonh12

7. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

its an old saying Landon..lol the cats out of the bag.
  8. landonh12

Hmm, so this was supposed to be a secret... hmm..
  9. HackADevice

HackADevice Well-Known Member

Any download links or screen shots?? :)
  10. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

Haha idk if it's necessarily a secret or not, but if he wanted people to know he probably would have posted something. I'm sure he doesn't want people bugging him for updates and such.
  11. Hashtag

Hashtag Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Considering this is the first we've heard of it, a fully working CM9 ready for download isn't very likely.
  12. Curtis1973

ANY.....UPDATES?

lol
  13. OptimusV123

OptimusV123 Well-Known Member

Can somebody send me a download link and instructions on how to flash?

jk.
    hahaha. Landon, I hope you arent getting my hopes up for nothing. I have been eagerly waiting for this since we got root!
  14. landonh12

Check around. Ktb has said it twice
  15. MStreeter

MStreeter Active Member

CM10 or CM9 would be kewl. An AOSP rom would also be sweet. I just want Android 4+ in mah pocket.
  16. wyliee

wyliee Well-Known Member

In what threads are you preferring too
  17. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Yes, I have crm9 building from source and booting up. Right now thats about all it does is boot up. You get a boot animation and then the launcher. If you wait a while, the screen goes off and you get the lock screen. Touchscreen works poorly, all the buttons work, no wifi, no audio, no bluetooth, no phone.

There are no screenshots because, well, it looks identical to any other cm9 right when you boot it up. There is no download link because I'm not about to upload several hundred MB if data just to prove that it kinda works.
  18. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work man!
  19. MStreeter

MStreeter Active Member

Is there a reason you chose CM9 over CM10? Stability?
  20. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Settle down meow.

True, it is exciting that any of our source built ROMs are booting, but you have to understand that it is just a small victory and a first step. Getting everything working is likely going to be a battle and as seen with many CM builds, sometimes even as hard as devs may try, not everything ends up working.

The first rule of CM is not to ask for ETAs.
    Hashtag likes this.
  21. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

Monkey sticks his hand in cookie jar to grab a fist jam packed full of cookies, so he can't pull his hand out....so he keeps beating the jar against his mouth.
  22. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

I chose cm9 over 10 because cm9 is frozen. That means the people making it have decided that it is super stable and working really great. They are not adding new features because all the current ones work right. Getting any version of cm is going to be a lot of work and I would rather work on getting the super-stable version going on our phone. It would suck really bad to get cm10 working only to find out that we have to wait anyways on some upstream bugs to get fixed before our camera and bluetooth will work or something like that.
    pplatzke likes this.
  23. jonny5449

jonny5449 Well-Known Member

Even so most would still choose gingerbread due to the fact it has everything working and cm9 will take a LONG time to have everything fixed
  24. Curtis1973

the only thing in my cm10 build that doesn't work is video camera. everything else is pretty solid,so cm9 should be about the same. aokp is solid also. it has same video recording problems as cm9/10. to me the video issue is minor. so I would assume any build of 9 for optimus elite should be about the same in functionality.
  25. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Usually, each device is different and has its own unique issues, unless they have the same/similar boards and components.
    Artine likes this.