Cm9?

1. GreyCelt

GreyCelt Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the CM9 ROM for the Evo 3D yet or is it still too soon for that? Will someone need to get a hold of it and tweak it for the Evo V first?

Advertisement
  2. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Yes you can flash cm9 from the 3D forums. Only thing is your mms will be broken
  3. krowley3

krowley3 Well-Known Member

It should boot and work just fine except MMS. MMS is setup differently for Virgin Mobile than it is for Sprint Roms. Until more devs that are familiar with this issue get the phone, your best bet is using stock rom or the rom JMZ posted. I am currently running it without any issues. It also has alot of tweaks added including the LeeDroid Tweaks which add alot of customization options.

Edit: I see JMZ beat me to it with the same info.
  4. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Is it possible to send MMS using GO SMS? Read that it handles MMS differently?

On a ROM for the MT, they were saying MMS wasn't working (on the stock messenging apk). I sent a picture to my wife's phone using GO SMS and it sent and receive just fine. Give it a shot.
  5. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Receiving won't work as it needs a mod in the framework. Sending might
  6. GreyCelt

GreyCelt Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I figured but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
  7. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Wait, last time I check 3D and a couple other stuff aren't working on CM9; it's better to get a nonsense rom...
  8. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Well yeah. I meant what wouldn't work with it being an vm device
  9. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

hey guys forgive me if i am really foolish..i have done some reading and was wondering...

none of the roms,recoveries,root,tweaks for the 3d will work on evo v ?

edit...work correctly i meant?
  10. swerver32

swerver32 Well-Known Member