Cnet prize fight evo vs. Epic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Shawn0413

Shawn0413 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I own both phones and knew the end result...the evo beat the epic hands down in there prizefight..since I own both in my opinion they were right on the money...the epic is a good phones ,but all around the evo is better...

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

No link to story??

Doesn't matter to ME who one, the important thing is that I have a phone that I like. My wife has an Evo and loves it, I've got the Epic and love it. The Epic is more of what I personally need and the Evo fits what she wants.

To each their own :)

I also think you meant "the epic is a good phones ,but all around I think the evo is better..." because otherwise you are coming pretty close to getting this thread deleted trying to instigate a fight.

megabiteg likes this.
  3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

EDIT: For Kelmar! http://cnettv.cnet.com/prizefight-epic-4g-vs-evo-4g/9742-1_53-50093403.html

Well first of all, 4.7 to 4.3 is hardly winning "hands down."

I was actually in a bit of a rage after watching it, as I disagreed with quite a bit.

When listing the features, they said the EVO has a "superior 8MP camera." There is nothing superior about it other than the MP count... which was clearly all they cared about. The Epic's 5MP camera is better.

Also when listening multimedia, they completely ignored the fact that the Epic has a FAR superior GPU (the best, no less) and built-in codecs to watch high definition movies WITHOUT converting. Huge feature for me.

I've always found the call quality to be better on my Epic than my EVO... but I'm just 1 person.

Oh and a physical keyboard has always been more useful to me than the kickstand. They seemed to ignore that feature alltogether.

4. GrooveRite

GrooveRite Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you guys that if the Evo was better for gaming, they would have had it in there.

5. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Hmm that's your opinion. The gf has my old EVO, and I like my Epic a lot better.

6. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member

Did a 3g download test today with an Evo.
    Evo loaded a page in 30 secs ,Epic 1 minute.
    Bummer.

7. jim2point0

Agreed. It definitely seemed skewed towards the EVO... but because the Epic was better in that regard, it was left out.

8. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I load super fast in hawaii and LA, you must have a bad phone.

9. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

humm i have an evo tho it dosen't have a acct. cause i got the epic now. so i have expierence with both. and i must say stright out of the box the epic loads much more faster and responsive. now an evo with 2.2 may make it a close race. but that will only last for awhile. cause when the epic gets 2.2 its gonna be like the cops theme song. badboys, badboys. whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when 2.2 comes for you hehehe. just trying to liven things up a bit.:)

10. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

How fast is 3g in your area? 30 seconds is a long wait!

11. asenduk

asenduk Member

Coming from an Evo, I have to say that the Epics camera is way better, hands down!

12. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

Go crawl back under your bridge troll. The EPIC is hands down better than the EVO.

Take one look at the screen and the debate is over. Camera, especially video is superior. Megapixels are just a sales gimmick, not more automatically equals better. Faster GPU means gaming is not even close. EPIC has the physical keyboard. EPIC has better battery life by far than the EVO. (I had three EVOs so trust me I know.)

The only things the EVO has on the EPIC are Sense UI and Froyo. And who really cares about Sense UI because we are going to root anyway! Oh, and we will have Froyo in a month or two.

So, I say EPIC owns EVO. If you don't like that then stay out of this forum trolls. There are plenty of other ones to slum around in. We want to keep this one productive and informative for EPIC owners.

13. jim2point0

I'm surprised anyone here actually uses Sense or touchwiz. First thing I do on any android phone is load up launcher pro.

14. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

The Evo beat the Incredible, Iphone 4, and the Epic 4g in the prizefights. I guess its still the reigning champ :p

15. jim2point0

Here are some clear samples of the Epic camera killing the Evo:

Epic vs. EVO: the cameras | DroidDog Android Blog

The EVO records very SLOW video in dark settings... and you can see even at 720p outside it's blurrier than the Epic's. It also over saturates the colors. When recording the ceiling fan, the Epic is much smoother whereas the EVO is a bit choppier.

CNET just lost all credibility with me.

16. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

I doubt the most interesting man in the world would be such a bitter asshat towards people expressing their opinions.

17. SoulLi

SoulLi Member

I always take my cnet reviews with a grain of salt :)

18. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

this thread sucks

19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Just like the thread in the Evo section, this thread is going no where fast.

/thread.

As always, personal attacks should never occur. Debate the topic, not the user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.