cnet states 4G rolls out in L.A. December 1 and....

Last Updated:

1. Brian2071

Brian2071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

Sprint's $10 charge is not a charge for 4G service btw.

And there is already 4G in parts of New York, LA, SF, and San Jose already. I'm from San Jose and I've picked up 4G signal.

3. Brian2071

Brian2071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't care what the charge is for but I see they had to edit the article. It was: "What's more, owners of the carrier's 4G handsets like the Samsung Epic 4G and HTC Evo 4G will no longer have to pay $10 per month for 4G service they don't get. "

They were corrected:

"John from Sprint here to correct a misconception. The information about the $10 per month charge for EVO 4G and Epic 4G customers going away is incorrect."

The article now states: "What's more, if you live one of those markets and own a 4G handsets like the Samsung Epic 4G and HTC Evo 4G, you'll now actually get the WiMax service for which you pay $10 per month."

So whatever the charge is for, it's B.S. unless we are getting 4G service, otherwise it's the same service as any other 3G Sprint phone.

Also, I am in sales and travel all over Los Angeles and I have yet to find 4G service. (except when they are doing testing). Maybe you can tell us where we might find it.

4. irwinm

irwinm Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where you are travelling in LA but it is all over the place and keeps growing into the 12/1 launch date - just lit up some coverage in South Bay this morning! I got 8Mbs down in my house in Hermosa Beach - awesome! :D