CnM TouchPad 7 (With Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich)

Last Updated: 2012-09-05 07:00:28
  1. Reasunach

Reasunach Member

Hi everyone,

I am considering purchasing an Android Tablet for eReading. I currently use the Amazon Kindle 3 for reading. Which is a good device, bit limited with book choices as you are more or less limited to the Kindle store only, whereas Android clearly has a few choices of eBook stores (including Kindle). I probably would of just got an iPad if they were not so big in size, so Android seems like the best choice.

Anyway I came across a tablet running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Its called CnM TouchPad 7 and is much less expensive than the Samsung Galaxy models. But my real concern is, am I going to be getting the same quality from CnM TouchPad 7 as I would from Samsung?

I found out about CnM TouchPad 7 via Argus:
    http://www.argos.ie... .

So if any of you happen to know if this model is as good as the Samsung tablets please do let me know. At the moment I am just very unsure.

Advertisement
  2. rickparker

rickparker New Member

A tablet is not as good as a kindle for reading, because the Kindles use 'e-ink' which simulates a real book and tablets do not. Therefore, you can use tablets for reading (and many people do) but you may not find it as comfortable.

Also the batteries don't last as long, Kindles can go weeks without a charge where a tablet will generally last 4-6 hours.

My advice would be to borrow a tablet from a friend or relative for a couple of days and see how you personally prefer it.

Also, you *can* add your own books to a Kindle, you don't have to download them from a store.
  3. LickeyMong

LickeyMong Well-Known Member

Get a nook simple touch and root it,it unlocks play store for aldiko or just getting PDF and converting it