• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CNN: 80% of android users won't buy another android phone???

I have a hypothetical question for all late model Android owners: Evo 4G, Desire, Droid Incredible, Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S. All these phones will upgrade to Froyo 2.2

Lets assume, Android 3.0 comes out an NONE of these phones get updated beyond 2.2. Would you buy another Android Phone?

Simple question and simple answer please.

Yea, I would. I equate it to having a PC and having to upgrade the hardware to run this game or that OS. I had to do that 2-3 times so far in the last 5 years, so I'm kinda used to it.

Upvote 0
I have a hypothetical question for all late model Android owners: Evo 4G, Desire, Droid Incredible, Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S. All these phones will upgrade to Froyo 2.2

Lets assume, Android 3.0 comes out an NONE of these phones get updated beyond 2.2. Would you buy another Android Phone?

Simple question and simple answer please.

Yes. Because by the time those phones are obsolete by the end of our contracts, newer and better android phones would have been released and google will continue to support those phones with newer versions of android by then.

Oh, and lets not forget the community who will continue to "unofficially" support older phones by releasing newer ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones