Co pilot help needed

Last Updated:

1. steveean

steveean Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately I've had to factory reset my hero thanks to my son locking me out of it. I had co-pilot live installed and paid for. I've re-downloaded a file manager and can see it on my SD card.

Can I get it back onto phone? Will it be easy or do I have to but it again. I dont think I can find the product key code which was sent by email.

Advertisement
  2. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Did you get it from the Android Market? If so, go to the "my downloads section" and it should show up available for re-downloading.

3. steveean

I did initially download it from market but my downloads only has the new items i've downloaded since the factory reset.

4. phillevy

Are you logged in with the same google account? If so then all your past downloads should show up. If this isn't happening something is wrong.

5. steveean

I thought I was but now i've checked my mails I seem to have someboy elses. Its because of the google login password scenario i had to reset because it would not recognise me. how can i re login as my old gmail account.

6. phillevy

Another suggestion is to re-download it from the market anyway - you should have a confirmation email from google with the product key when you originally purchased it.

7. phillevy

I hate to say this, but am pretty sure that you will have to do another reset to change google accounts (it only asks you on first setup):(

8. steveean

how do i reset my google mail account as i have checked and definitely have somebody elses emails from 2008.

9. phillevy

I stand to be corrected but I think the only way is to reset your whole phone so on startup it will ask you your googlemail details again.

10. steveean

i've tried that but the details i have been using appear to be linked to somebody else's account in america. i'm 99% sure im using the right details as it was verified via my secondary email address.

11. phillevy

Have you tried logging into the account on your computer?

12. steveean

all sorted now many thanks had to reboot again and found my account after hour of searching. gonna try the my downloads part now...