• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Im having the same issue. Ive been in touch with a pretty root savey friend and he's looking into the matter. I believe you will need to root the os but not sure if its possible with whats out there now. z4root does not work. also have tryed a couple of others. I did run into a pretty lame vid posted on youtube that stated that all he did was re-install Android ICS. But again the vid was lame so not so sure im going to try it. Any help out there would be very much appreciated.

Upvote 0
To help in understanding, the issue is that the vendor is not allowing or is not allowed to install the google apps we all have come to love and adore like GoogleTalk, GooglePlay, etc...

Because it's intended to be sold in China, Google has nothing to do with Android devices here, they have their own way of doing things e.g. Chinese app stores. Did you buy it from Ebay or a Chinese wholesaler or something?

Upvote 0
I would suggest following the instructions for Installing Market on the Coby Kyros MID7127 on Youtube. Uploaded by thekwa . Works on many Coby tablets.

On Youtube search for: "Android Market MID7127"

--THIS FIX DID NOT WORK--

---
When Using This MID9742 FORUM START: HERE
(--http://androidforums.com/coby-kyros-mid9742--)
Then find the right thread
---

Upvote 0
I would suggest following the instructions for Installing Market on the Coby Kyros MID7127 on Youtube. Uploaded by thekwa . Works on many Coby tablets.

Just tried Superoneclick, and it doesnt work. It crashes at Shell rooting device... Step #7 "waitfordevice". And ive tried it several times. Any other ideas?
I did get a chance to install Netflix through 1mobile.com but the system lags out bad. Not sure why. Doesnt seem to be CPU issues. It be nice to see if rooting fixes it.

Upvote 0

Was anyone able to Install Android Market using the instructions above?

Please give it a try. It only takes 10 minutes max.

---
---

Upvote 0
Just tried Superoneclick, and it doesnt work. It crashes at Shell rooting device... Step #7 "waitfordevice". And ive tried it several times. Any other ideas?
I did get a chance to install Netflix through 1mobile.com but the system lags out bad. Not sure why. Doesnt seem to be CPU issues. It be nice to see if rooting fixes it.

I installed the Netflix app from amazon.com and haven't seen any lag. You might try it that way and see if there is a difference.

Upvote 0
--- SUPERONECLICK DOES NOT WORK on MID9742 (hangs on Step#7 ---

Ill leave these here, even thoght SuperOneClick does nt seem to work on the COBY MID_ _42 Tablets.

SuperOnClick Prior Versions: Right-Click and Save To

zip.gif
SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse.zip - [Click for QR Code](1.83 MB,
zip.gif
SuperOneClickv2.1.1-ShortFuse.zip - [Click for QR Code](1.62 MB,
zip.gif
SuperOneClickv2.1-ShortFuse.zip - [Click for QR Code](1.62 MB,
zip.gif
SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse.zip - [Click for QR Code](1.59 MB,

---
---

Upvote 0
Lots of people having problems with ROOTING Android versions above 2.3.3

A few people reported success by Repeating after it hangs. (Do not reboot) (Leave tablet connected)
( using "auto" Exploit )
When it hangs on Step#7, Close SuperoneClick
--- open Task Manager/Applications/Highlight SuperoneClick/end Task
--- Open Taskmager by typing " taskmgr " in the RUN or Search Programs window
When SuperoneClick window closes, just open SuperoneClick again and ROOT
Repeat Seven Times / The ROOT may Finish in one of the tries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones