• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Code to turn off 4G

gwlaw99

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry if this has been posted already.

How to toggle LTE on your thunderbolt (the hard way)
This solution will allow you to toggle LTE because those if us with LTE are experiencing horrible battery life. This method will allow you to turn off LTE use and scanning which has increased my battery life 4 fold (8+ hours on a fufull charge with regular use while not using an app for battery effiency)

1. Access your dialer
2. Enter the code "*#*#4636#*#*"
3. Select "phone information"
4. Scroll down to "set preferred network type"
5. Select 'EvDo only" or "CDMA only" it "CDMA auto"
This will disable the LTE radio.

To reactivate LTE:
1. Steps 1-4
2. Select "LTE Mode"
3. Open the menu again and select "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto"

Please remember that I dont eendorse phone modification. This is only intended to help guys. Please offer constructive feedback!

how to: turn off LTE - Android Forums

Sorry if this has been posted already.

How to toggle LTE on your thunderbolt (the hard way)
This solution will allow you to toggle LTE because those if us with LTE are experiencing horrible battery life. This method will allow you to turn off LTE use and scanning which has increased my battery life 4 fold (8+ hours on a fufull charge with regular use while not using an app for battery effiency)

1. Access your dialer
2. Enter the code "*#*#4636#*#*"
3. Select "phone information"
4. Scroll down to "set preferred network type"
5. Select 'EvDo only" or "CDMA only" it "CDMA auto"
This will disable the LTE radio.

To reactivate LTE:
1. Steps 1-4
2. Select "LTE Mode"
3. Open the menu again and select "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto"

Please remember that I dont eendorse phone modification. This is only intended to help guys. Please offer constructive feedback!

how to: turn off LTE - Android Forums
Dear Sir, I tried by entering "*#*#4636#*#*" on my LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870. But the code is not working. Can you suggest me the right code for LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones