• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cognition back to bone stock

gocats7

Sep 2, 2010
I am sure this is out there somewhere. I have never done anything with ROMs or anything on my phone so I am a newbie. I do think that eventually I will get the nerve cause I love technology and throw cognition on my captivate.

I found plenty of guides to do various things but my question is, if I want to go back to 100% stock that ATT couldnt tell the difference in and tell I had ever done anything, how would I do that once I had gone as far as the cognition ROM? I am sure there is a guide, a post or something but I didnt find it here or on xda. I didnt spend hours looking but I did look.

Thanks.

I did see that but I guess I didnt put 2 and 2 together. So I can do whatever I want and use this to go back to stock? It will put all the att apps back on it, set everything back to just like the day I got it?

Also, I saw in ROM manager i can do backup. Could I root and use it to back up my state, with root obviously, then use that as the state I can always go back to. So I could put cognition on it, then do some kinda restore through ROM manager to go back to exactly how I was? Or is there really a point to that with what you linked me to with the one click oden?

Upvote 0
the rom manager will install clockwordmod recovery console to help you get back to a "stock" setup, whatever you backed up, but the odin 3 will wipe everything and restore to the day you bought it* regardless. they are both simmilar but if you encountered problems i would odin3 it and start fresh

*meaning current factory rom

p.s. cognition is awesome, imo, if your unfamilliar with the process i would reccomend reading a bit before flashing as no one wants to be responsible for your expensive paperweight if your not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones