• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Collection] IconDatabase.net - Find free icons by app, style, and more

IconDatabase.net is a community-driven collection of free icons. You can search by name, set, artist, style, or app, making it easy to find exactly what you're looking for. Any registered user can add icons and help maintain the site, so it should stay fresh and up to date as the community grows.

Current Features

Under heavy construction

I'm just getting started on this project (only a week in so far), but the goal is to grow it into the best and easiest place to find icons. Let me know if anything's broken, doesn't make sense, is missing, or anything else for that matter. I want to get as much feedback as soon as possible so I can make sure the site's useful for both artists and users alike.

[B}Planned features[/B]

• Discussion boards
  • Rating system
  • Favorites/bookmarking system
  • .. much more ...

Community Building and Management

Aside from being able to upload new content, registered users can comment on just about anything. I'll also be adding discussion boards soon(ish). All of this means there's great potential for community discussion, interaction, and collaboration. It also means there may be a lot to monitor to make sure people aren't abusing the site. I'll be looking for moderators to help keep an eye on things. Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in doing.

Adding Icon Sets

I'm in the process of adding as many icon sets as possible. I've written an automated system to upload icon sets in bulk, so let me know if you have an icon set you would like me to add. Please include a preview picture, URL of the set's home page, and a link to download the icons.

Many icon sets have threads here on XDA, and people often contribute icons not made by the original set's author. It's harder for me to upload those since I can't do them mass like the full set. I could use help adding individual user-contributed icons. Just be sure to create an artist page for the poster if one doesn't exist already.

Adding Artists

Artists work hard on their icons, so it is very important to give them credit and link back to their profiles. In order to do this, please help create artist pages (must be registered on the site) as you add icons to the site. Be sure to include the URL of their main profile page. Each artist page will display a little about the artist, as well as their latest icon sets and individual icons.

If you are an artist, be sure to create a page for yourself (must be registered on the site) so that you can manage your page's content. If there is already a page for you on the site for your work, let me know so I can set you as its author and give you access to change it.

Adding Apps

One of the great things about IconDatabase.net is that you can easily see and filter all of the available icons for specific apps. Part of setting this up is specifying what app(s) each icon belongs to. I'm doing my best to figure out a decent automated system to handle this, but in the meantime, I could use help with editing icons and adding the app(s) they belong to. If you do not see an app listed on the site, feel free to add it (must be registered on the site.) Just be sure to use the "add an icon" link once the page is created to add the official icon.

In conclusion ...

Let me know if you have any questions or requests. The site is definitely in its early stages, and I will be adding features and info pages based on your feedback.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones