• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root collection of ported themes for fission 2.5.7

shoot, why im in the them....post up what you want the carrier name (where verizon usually is) to say.
(says dx right now i believe)

16 or 17 cant remember letters and spaces or less, ill post up your own personal link once we work through the other issues.

Sorry ....fallen asleep last night.
I think just black is the best route with the text. And lol...I always change the text myself anyways so no requests here. I think DX is fine.

Upvote 0
is Avalon Different than the other nights a few posts up?
should be. as long as i uploaded the right one.
changed all text in bar to black, popup backgrounds to black for help with visibility, etc.

it seems like no matter which way i turn with this theme though it causes other issues. almost a lost cause.

id say its an improvement but not perfect.

i should have renamed it to show the difference.

Upvote 0
im thnking maybe i should have used a more faded white or grey to help be central for different needs on visibility, but then it would not be as visible with the majority of pop ups and etc.

really not sure....

Lol...no worries man...its tough with themes like this that have to be balanced just right.
And its great ur doing all the porting for everyone...I have to port ur port cause I help drod2169 test betas...so I am just using u since fission has less framework differences than the other roms ..lol...
thanks though and I'm gonna download it now :)

Upvote 0
Lol...no worries man...its tough with themes like this that have to be balanced just right.
And its great ur doing all the porting for everyone...I have to port ur port cause I help drod2169 test betas...so I am just using u since fission has less framework differences than the other roms ..lol...
thanks though and I'm gonna download it now :)
right on....hope it helps/works out....
let me know if we need to try for a lighter grey maybe then black or whatever.

ive got all the .png's in my head now....lol...

except that darn incoming call background....

Upvote 0
oh yeah, remember some of the color changes are in sevices (at least thats one of the things that goes into the java color changer) and also in layout i believe/ status bar, status bar extended, status bar latest event content .xml.

hopefully that helps some....for text/clock/stuff on status bar.

Upvote 0
oh yeah, remember some of the color changes are in sevices (at least thats one of the things that goes into the java color changer) and also in layout i believe/ status bar, status bar extended, status bar latest event content .xml.

hopefully that helps some....for text/clock/stuff on status bar.

Oh yeah...I remember...keep messing with services.jar trying to get coloring right...damn tough with this theme...

Upvote 0
Oh yeah...I remember...keep messing with services.jar trying to get coloring right...damn tough with this theme...
you may want to try porting the liberty version. im still waiting for someone to let me know if they have noticed anything yet....

put it up today, greyed out the stuff thats black to catch white and black text. then bouchigo found the incoming call .pngs i needed so i greyed them out....seems o.k.

i can port in to this one and let you give a try if you want.

Upvote 0
ill bump the thread every time a new theme goes up.
YOU GUYS HAVE TO REPORT ISSUES, as im kicking these through pretty quick. i already caught 2 coloration issues i had to change.

right now im going to shower....lol....
How can I get the icons from the watermark the on the first page faber? I installed the theme and got a few different icons but I don't see a place for all the icons you have in that image.

Upvote 0
How can I get the icons from the watermark the on the first page faber? I installed the theme and got a few different icons but I don't see a place for all the icons you have in that image.
Careful to read title and make sure you are running the rom the theme is for....which you may be for all I know, just wanted to say that.

Check around this site
http://droidpirate.com/

Also you can use 7zip to go into theme or drag drop icons from one theme in to another, etc.

Usually icons are in the drawable folders inside apps/apk/res or framework/res/drawable

They will have a .png on them

Check the theme help thread in my sig for more info

Reactions: rudybow
Upvote 0
Careful to read title and make sure you are running the rom the theme is for....which you may be for all I know, just wanted to say that.

Check around this site
droidpirate.com

Also you can use 7zip to go into theme or drag drop icons from one theme in to another, etc.

Usually icons are in the drawable folders inside apps/apk/res or framework/res/drawable

They will have a .png on them

Check the theme help thread in my sig for more info
Thanks, I was trying to get the ones on the dock changed and found out how. I may want to change some of the others too, have to use your way to change the app icons.

Well I installed the Watermark theme but I'm running Liberty. Is that going to cause a problems, loos fine and works fine right now?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I was trying to get the ones on the dock changed and found out how. I may want to change some of the others too, have to use your way to change the app icons.

Well I installed the Watermark theme but I'm running Liberty. Is that going to cause a problems, loos fine and works fine right now?

Lol....eh, if its working right I wouldnt sweat it, just enjoy.
But if you keep doing it you could:
- basically end up reinstalling/making changes that the original rom developer didn't intend.
- ending up in boot loops or with force closes (when you open an application and it closes itself and doesn't work)

Upvote 0
Lol....eh, if its working right I wouldnt sweat it, just enjoy.
But if you keep doing it you could:
- basically end up reinstalling/making changes that the original rom developer didn't intend.
- ending up in boot loops or with force closes (when you open an application and it closes itself and doesn't work)
Yeah, I noticed my barcode scanner force closes. Guess I need to change, dang, liked that theme too.

How's fission 2.5.7 coming along? Is it reliable and fast?

Upvote 0
Team DeFuse
[ROM]Fission 2.5.7 DroidX - Vanilla Generic Android - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

dont know if its worth donating and trying out 2.6.1 or not to you. possible changes in near future are:
- 2.6.1 is about to be updated soon (though that newer version will prob. only be for those who donate)
- there is a 342 leak out that runs real nice; so it ought to be sick when some developer does some work to it.

with fission you can donate, they give you a link, you go to link and download the full version of fission rom manager. put it on your sd card (and save a copy to your computer) and install it, then go in to it and download (and install if you wish) through it.
----------------------
(i donated and havent regretted it at all; i probably will again here at some point).

Upvote 0
Team DeFuse
[ROM]Fission 2.5.7 DroidX - Vanilla Generic Android - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

dont know if its worth donating and trying out 2.6.1 or not to you. possible changes in near future are:
- 2.6.1 is about to be updated soon (though that newer version will prob. only be for those who donate)
- there is a 342 leak out that runs real nice; so it ought to be sick when some developer does some work to it.

with fission you can donate, they give you a link, you go to link and download the full version of fission rom manager. put it on your sd card (and save a copy to your computer) and install it, then go in to it and download (and install if you wish) through it.
----------------------
(i donated and havent regretted it at all; i probably will again here at some point).

Me too (the donation I mean) and most likely will again at some point, maybe when the "tweeted" updates are out :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones