Collin_ph battery tweak (for 2.2 ROMs)

Last Updated:

1. doogald

doogald Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

Has anybody seen and tried this yet: [Script] Collin_ph Battery Tweak - xda-developers

(Note that this should work with CyanogenMod 6, Froyo ROMs without a lot of work. Other ROMs would have to be changed by their developers to work. Also note that this requires either a terminal emulator on the phone, or ADB commands from a PC, to be set up, but an app is coming at some point.)

Advertisement
  2. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I'm using it now, been testing it, works fine, I dont use SetCPU or OCW, I'm using Autokiller, on KaosFroyo v34, using CFS kernal v5 and this battery tweak... I'm getting Quadrant scores of 410+-, everything is smooth and stable.

I am using option 2, which is 710400 mhz option 1 locks up my phone since I know I can't go beyond 710 anyway.

I'm just using the Terminal Emulator on my Koas ROM, works great, just keep in mind the back button doesn't work in the emulator under swype...

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

I installed this last night, and, actually, I believe that this reduced my battery life. I used the phone about the same as yesterday - actually, a bit less, I think - and have had more battery drain. Like you, I set my max to 710, which is standard OC for CELB anyway.

So, for me, this is coming off for now.

4. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Didn't seem to crash on mine using option 1 (789mhz I think it was). Battery life wasn't bad, and Quadrant score of 439. But now I've got it on 604mhz max, 245mhz min, with 90 polling intervals while on battery power and that's getting me much better results.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

710 is the standard safe zone for the eris CPU, some eris phones can go much higher, but is how all chip sets go. They are clocked to average safe speeds but depending on the chip itself some can handle more stress while others can barely go beyond the safe zone.