1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Color Flashlight: why does it need internet access?

Last Updated:

1. nic b me

nic b me Member This Topic's Starter

Edit: so after using it more I realized...there are no ads.
    So, any other thoughts?

love the app but hoping someone who knows more about it than i do can shed some "light" :D on why it needs internet access.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ricxz

Ricxz New Member

to display the ads

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Yep. I emailed a Dev once to ask about GPS or location reporting, and was given the same reply (though in my case i was told it was to show ads that are LOCAL to me). As ad supported apps are am alternative way for Devs to get paid, don't be surprised to see these permissions. If that's a concern for you, email the Dev offer to pay for an ad free version.

4. nic b me

thanks guys.

it hit me later and i had one of those "of course you figured it out now...much later dummy!" moments.

this explains also why the internet would be running.

another question since its my thread, why do some free apps run randomly? like when i open advanced task killer ill see some apps running that i never opened...?

Edit: its not just free apps I've noticed. Why the heck does Sprint navigation run when I never open it? I'll kill all with atk and a few minutes later some apps start to run...voice dialer is another one...I never use it!

5. nic b me

Bump since I edited the 1st post and if anyone knows the answer to the question in my post right above this one it woild be appreciated. thanks