Color ID app on SE X10???Support

Last Updated:

1. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My SE is in Jacksonville and should be delivered in the morning, I would really like some help finding an app that works like Color ID on the Blackberry. It is simple and works with the LED notification, allowing you to change the color of the LED based on the source of an email.

I only need it for one thing, so it doesn't need to be real complex or handle allot of different numbers/email addresses, I just need it for when I am on-call for work.

When I receive a page (via email) in the middle of the night, I need to be able to tell it from some generic spam mail or mail from a long lost friend, so I only have to actually get up and read the message for work pages.

Seems simple, got to be an app that can do it, but searching the market for has not found what I need.

TIA.

ps, it doesn't have to be just LED, could be ringtones (never used them before, my blackberry has been on vibrate forever), but anything, flash the screen, etc. Anything that will wake me up and make me realize it is time to go to work....

Advertisement
  2. harrypalmero

harrypalmero Member

Try Blink. It's on the market and lets you change led colors for different events.

3. nb_mitch

Founds games, but no App called "Blink" that seemed to do anything useful

4. Zebadee

Zebadee Active Member

You could try 'E-Mail Notifier' from the market, but I believe that only works for GMail.

Not sure which application you are using for your work emails, so not sure what else you could try.

nb_mitch likes this.
  5. nb_mitch

That will work for me, if it will allow me to alert on only one sending email account, I plan to setup a rule in outlook at forward the page to my gmail account, like I currently do to my blackberry account.

6. Zebadee

Zebadee Active Member

I hope it does do as you need, it's not something I have actually used. Let us know if it does what you require, if not I shall see what else I can find for you :)

Just happened to see your thread and it had me curious if such an app existed, so decided to search the market. Am not sure if that just means I have too much free time on my hands...

7. nb_mitch

UPS delivered the device about an hour ago, got it charging now. Then I will install 2.1 and then start looking at setting it up with email, apps, etc.

8. kazuharo

kazuharo New Member

9. nb_mitch

10. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Blink doesn't suit his requirements. All it does is customize LED notifications for different functions.

11. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I downloaded No LED, or NOLED...whatever.