• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Color issue with screen?

bkosborne

Jun 4, 2010
Okay so I just picked mine up on Monday and immediately thought the color looked a bit off... but I have nothing to compare it to. The main area I notice it is in the texting screen with the keyboard up. The keyboard seems like a really light gray color and unnatural. This is the third hardware version of the phone. I'm not sure if I'm just being anal but I'm just wondering if there were screen issues like this?

I believe all the 003 versions are like this with the Epson screen. I have both 002(got june 4th) and 003(just got yesterday). I definitely like the 002 screen which has a blueish tint to it. The 003 Epson screens have a yellowish cast to it just like if you set your TV to warm setting. I'm not liking it either but I don't think you'll find any new Evos with the older screen anymore.

Upvote 0
I believe all the 003 versions are like this with the Epson screen. I have both 002(got june 4th) and 003(just got yesterday). I definitely like the 002 screen which has a blueish tint to it. The 003 Epson screens have a yellowish cast to it just like if you set your TV to warm setting. I'm not liking it either but I don't think you'll find any new Evos with the older screen anymore.

this.

unfortunately the new 0003 EVOs come with inferior screens to the 0002 and earlier 0003 versions. (the changed screen manufacturers due to shortage I guess)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones