Color issue with screen?

Last Updated:

1. bkosborne

bkosborne Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I just picked mine up on Monday and immediately thought the color looked a bit off... but I have nothing to compare it to. The main area I notice it is in the texting screen with the keyboard up. The keyboard seems like a really light gray color and unnatural. This is the third hardware version of the phone. I'm not sure if I'm just being anal but I'm just wondering if there were screen issues like this?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Take it back to the store and compare it to the store's demo unit

3. ZDK

ZDK Well-Known Member

@Bkosborne...
    Ive noticed that too and i have a model 3...colors appear to be an "off-white" (like the tint and contrast isnt sharp). this might be due to HTC's 65k limit on colors...who knows..maybe the devs can correct it

-ZDK-

4. bkosborne

bkosborne Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks ZDK. That's a good way to describe it. It bothers me a bit - like when I open up the mail / messages app I feel like I need to rub my eyes to get rid of that gloomy sheen lol.

5. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

I believe all the 003 versions are like this with the Epson screen. I have both 002(got june 4th) and 003(just got yesterday). I definitely like the 002 screen which has a blueish tint to it. The 003 Epson screens have a yellowish cast to it just like if you set your TV to warm setting. I'm not liking it either but I don't think you'll find any new Evos with the older screen anymore.

6. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

this.

unfortunately the new 0003 EVOs come with inferior screens to the 0002 and earlier 0003 versions. (the changed screen manufacturers due to shortage I guess)