ColorNote app question

Last Updated:

1. Freddiew

Freddiew Active Member This Topic's Starter

The ColorNote app is supposed to be a quick way to stick notes on your homescreen and I think I am missing something?
    I have to open the app, which is quick if there is a link on the homescreen but when looking at other people's homescreen on this thread http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/84650-show-us-your-desire-homescreens-3.html people who have sticky notes on their phone don't seem to have a link to the app on their screen.
    Once the app is open, I type in my note then press the back arrow at the bottom of the phone, it says saved, but nothing else happens.
    I then have to press the + button at the bottom of the screen, go to Widget, search fot the ColorNote widget, select it and from there select the note to appear on the screen.
    Surely this is not the way to do it??
    Help please :confused:

Advertisement
  2. x8123999

x8123999 Member

When you click +, Widget and choose ColorNote, if you choose the top option (+ add note) it lets you choose if you want to add a new text note or list note. Choose and it will bring it up for editing and then add it to your home screen.
    Or you can choose from notes you have previously created in the app.

Freddiew likes this.
  3. Mushhushshu

Mushhushshu Well-Known Member

I find the method of adding notes to the homescreen from colornote a bit long winded too. I prefer to add them to notification bar which you can do directly from the note when youre editing it. Handy for shopping lists and quick reminders and stuff.

4. gary5779

gary5779 Well-Known Member

I have not found a way to add sticky notes at all yet. Can someone explain how to do it please?

When I open the colornote app ( I have it on my homescreen) and click 'add note' i get two options only - text or checklist. I cannot find anywhere an option to send a note to the notification bar, or to use it as a sticky message. Should an app be this difficult? :(

5. x8123999

x8123999 Member

You add the note as a widget.
    Click + on your home screen (or long press) and choose Widget then ColorNote.
    From there you can choose an existing note or create a new one by tapping '+ New note'
    Once you finish editing, it'll appear on your home screen.

6. Mr.Derringer

Mr.Derringer Well-Known Member

It couldn't be easier

7. gary5779

Thank you. It suddenly all becomes clear. Only question now is...how do you all know this, is it explained somewhere in the app?

8. Mr.Derringer

Mr.Derringer Well-Known Member

Well, without wishing to sound condescending atall....it's common sense really mate.

9. x8123999

x8123999 Member

No problem, Gary.
    It's actually not that obvious if you're new to it.
    The telltale was that the app says it has a widget, so I played around with adding the widget to see what it did.

As an aside, many apps don't have much in the way of useful help built into them but a quick visit to the author's website usually does the trick. You can find the link on the market page for the app.

Cheers.

10. gary5779

Thanks for your nice pleasant, uncondescending reply. Like all things it is easy when you know how.

Cheers again for your help.

11. Freddiew

Freddiew Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for this, it is better but somehow I thought it would be even easier/quicker to use.

And Gary, I'm with you on the lack of instruction for use on these apps and widgets, I find my phone very easy to use because things are where you expect them to be, but clearly sometines they're not ;)

12. ellymay

ellymay New Member

Just wanted to add that although I've been successful adding a sticky to my home screen, I don't do it enough to remember what it was I was supposed to do and I have to search for the instructions all over again.

I guess I also thought it should be easier to do right from the note you are creating, at least from the menu options. It is not intuitive at all.

13. gary5779

I totally agree ellymay. Don't get me wrong, the app is brilliant, but when you have to struggle, and ask for help on here, to do something with it then it needs to be made easier. The programmers website does not help either.

The other side of the coin is - the app is free, the guy who wrote it took the time to do so, and at the end of the day the app does do what it says on the tin.

14. gklangford

gklangford New Member

Everything works well and is a very good app if I could get it to work on my tablet. When I add a widget the first time, I have the option to add a 1X1 or 2X2 or colornote today. Add the first note as a 1X1... add the second note and the 1X1 option is gone. So, just make it 2X2. Add another note and the 1X1 and the 2X2 option is gone so all that is left is colornote today which opens colornote and then everything gets weird. Delete the program... download it again, reinstall and the same thing. Using the Impression 7 with 2.2....... any ideas what may be wrong ? Using b-noted now but it lack the features of colornote that I like.

Thanks

15. princessalycia

princessalycia New Member

After reading thru this thread I was feeling completely lost. None of the above tips were working for me. I thought I was just doing something wrong. Especially after some of the comments say how easy it is. Thank goodness for this post. I'm having the same issue. I cannot put the note or checklist on my screen. I can only put the widget itself on it. The app works fine except for this problem. I am also using Go Note which I can easily attach notes or checklists on my screen, in a similar fashion as described here. But I prefer ColorNote. Any help would be appreciated.

16. princessalycia

princessalycia New Member

Of course as soon as I left my last comment i found the answer. The problem is this app cannot be saved on your sd card. If you do, you can't put the notes directly on your screen and the alarm doesn't work. So transfer it back to your phone storage and restart your phone. Should work like a champ. I hope this helps someone else.