colorware

Last Updated:

1. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, does anyone know if/when colorware will start doing the nexus one? I took a look at their site and they are lacking in the android department. The nexus one, or even the droid would be a good offering I would think but it appears they removed the g1 from their list (which i know was there at one point).

any one have any news on this?

Advertisement
  2. seeking

thanks for that info, but i dont think it realy has anything to do with my question lol

3. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

looll

4. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Sorry, my FastestFox plugin some times kicks me to the next thread when I get to close to the bottom... That's how that post ended up here..lol Deleted now..lol

It never happen...

5. seeking

lol no problem, but bump for this thread anyways.

are you guys interested in colorware modding this phone? If so, i suggest going to their website and suggesting the n1. make sure to be as clear as possible about it being the nexus one, since they might not be keen on "n1" meaning the same thing.

ColorWare

i already submitted my request

6. seeking

am i really the only one interested in this service?

7. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

how about Unique Skins?

Totally customizable-- you can upload a photo as the skin if you want.

8. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

WOW! Not only does ColorWare cost you a couple hundred bucks, but shipping+work time is close to a MONTH! I'm wouldn't go without my N1 for a month, even if the custom paint were FREE!

Unique skins are SEVEN BUCKS, have more options, protect the phone, and you don't have to ship and wait. Call me a cheap bastard, but I know where my money's going...

9. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

Colorware is such a rip off. I did one phone in the past with Colorware and although very fancy looking, it was not worth the price. They sell a new iPhone 3GS that they will colorware for you (instead of mailing yours in) and it cost 1050!!

10. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

11. seeking

when you buy a product from colorware its more expensive because they offer a warranty on the device where as if you send yours in the warranty is voided. its expensive, but it is worth it. There is no need for a protective skin when you use colorware because there coating is scratch resistant, not to mention the option for soft feel paint. The skins are cool, but look horrible in real life with day to day use

12. seeking

thank you to all who requested this service. ill be sendimg mine in a few weeks!

13. Neemo

Neemo Active Member

Make sure to upload some pics for us to drool over :)

14. r-j-y

r-j-y Member

I've never seen a 'colorware'd' product, but if they do a good job then I think it's reasonable value for money.

Taking apart an iPhone down to it's shell is quite painful... it only takes about 5 mins to get to the battery, but removing all the fiddly bits off the back takes ages (I've done it a couple of times). They've then got to sand it down and apply a top quality paint job... it's a lot of labour! If you wanted me to paint it for you I'd charge you much more than CW do and the paint would most likely peel off after a week ;)

The N1 looks slightly easier to strip than an iPhone, but not by much.

I wouldn't pay for CW to paint anything for me but I do think they offer value for money if they do a good job (and I suspect they do). I also wouldn't buy a

15. seeking

its $215 for a full softtouch paint job...thats not a bad price at all - especially with softtouch paint