com.android.phone force closes periodicallySupport

1. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

It seems pretty random. Has ne one else experienced this?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I haven't. What conditions exist when you get the error message?
  3. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member

I haven't notice that or any force closes at all as of yet. Only thing that occurs on my phone that I find annoying is that my phone reboots whenever I kill swiftkey in the task manager or at least most of the time. as long as I leave it alone and kill the other apps, i'm fine. Not really a big deal, but it takes away my use of the kill all button.

It isn't swift key as it works on all my other phones. Just not super compatible with the Rezound I gues.
  4. mightymousehhd4

mightymousehhd4 Well-Known Member

I have had this issue also. I can't remember if it was more than once, but I do know that at least once when I got that message, I got another error. Sorry if hijacking, but was wondering if anyone has had this issue either. About 2-4 times a day my phone will completely lose service, both phone and data services. I will get an X over where the bars would be, and the bars are grayed out. I have been able to do a screenshot quite a few times. [​IMG]

I am on my 3rd phone and as many sim cards. Has anyone else experienced this?
  5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

It happened on my Thunderbolt often. I think it happened due to a bad contact entry. The only way to fix it would be to do a system restore and pull in a few contacts at a time and see which one causes the crash.
  6. mightymousehhd4

mightymousehhd4 Well-Known Member

Tried a restore with the first phone, but again, this my 3rd phone/sim. It even happens with my extended battery and back. I'm at a loss here, I love this phone
    , but this is really really getting annoying. Maybe once rooted a custom rom will fix it. Any other ideas in the mean time?
  7. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member

I have 4 battery covers and only one of those covers works perfectly. I get excellent signal strength on my second extended battery cover and rarely lose 4g. The other 3 battery covers I have all have issues with signal and data. I think it was a bad idea for HTC to apply the antenna to the battery cover using so many different contact points.

Edit: Sometimes I like to go thin and I switch out standard batteries or I go large and switch out extended batteries. I'm constantly taking the battery cover on and off, and I believe that may add to the problems I have with my covers. This is all just speculation though.
  8. Helenoftroy08

You know its weird it happens when im on the phone and have my Q2 blueant connected and a call comes in on call waiting...
  9. Helenoftroy08

Where is the sim card from a retailer or Verizon directly? And are u on 3g or 4g?