COM.ANDROID.PHONE not letting me call out!Support

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

MODS PLEASE EDIT THE TITLE. IT SHOULD BE COM.ANDROID.PHONE NOT LETTING ME CALL OUT

Thanks.

Well I am having some issues here. I'm actually trying to call Sprint dialing *2 and every time I do so right when I press the call button, I get a force close pop up saying that com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. and I cant call out. When I choose to force close I immediately all bars of service and then my bars come back. I have full bars of service by the way. Does any one know what is going on. Im rooted with myns rls5.

Edit: Ok, so for some reason I cant dial out using *2. I can call out using my contact entries or dialing a number directly but apparently I cant dial a * in front of a number. Anyone have any clues or has any noticed this also?

Advertisement
    :
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Are you using a ROM that removed sprint zone, or did you happen to remove it yourself?
  3. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

I am using myns rl5. I don't see the sprint zone in the app drawer and I didnt remove. Could this be the culprit? HMMMM... very in-ta-westing. :cool:
  4. akazabam

Yes, it's removed by default in myn's. You need that to dial *2. You can find it in /sdcard/Warm_2.2_Optional (or something like that, I forget the exact name). Just push it to /system/app. You can also dial something else. I think it's #2. Try that before reinstalling sprint zone (unless you really want it for other uses).
    isaemm likes this.
  5. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

No, I don't need it. I can use another number. Phew, thought my phone was screwed for a minute.
  6. akazabam

Hehe, yeah, it's not immediately apparent that you need sprint zone for that to work.