"com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly" - and I can't fix it!

Last Updated:

1. dante32278

dante32278 New Member This Topic's Starter

I keep getting the error message "com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly" when I try to access the settings to my apps. I have tried uninstalling app, rebottings and running antivirus, but nothing still . . . anyone have any tips??? I have a HTC Hero.

Advertisement
    revenge4evr likes this.
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Have you added anything (downloaded a new app) recently, or just before this started happening?

3. revenge4evr

revenge4evr Member

hey...did you get over the androis.process.acore stopped working issue...if so help me out dante....i am having the same issue...i loaded several rom and tired a lot...coudnt fix this...

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

What firmware is your Hero running, Dante? That looks like a 2.1 kernel sig in your profile....

5. pgraber

pgraber Member

I can report the same problem. Having just upgraded to 2.1 on my G2 Touch, if I try and manage my applications, I get the same error message, time and again. There are workarounds, but it's tedious.

6. JohnHwessel

JohnHwessel Active Member

I was having this problem. However because of a separate problem with my SIM card, in order to convince 3 that I needed a replacement SIM I had to go through Restore Factory Settings. Pain in the proverbial, but at least it stayed on 2.1 (I had self updated following instructions elswhere in this forum - didn't tell customer service).
    Now this problem has gone away.

VITALKA96 likes this.
  7. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

This is not the same issue as the OP. The issue with acore force closing is usually a problem with a contact or call history entry. The first thing to try is delete all your contacts/call history and re-sync your contacts from the cloud. If you still have the issue then there is an issue with one of your contacts on the cloud which will be quite troublesome to find out which.

revenge4evr likes this.
  8. Upland

Upland New Member

I get the same problem on my Hero since it came back from my provider (Orange) after they replaced the handset because of a sick touchscreen and they upgraded it to 2.1 in the process .. ... I get the error when I try to get into "access point names" ...

The strange thing is, I got into there one time because the provider talked me through setting up the access point name details over the phone after it arrived back with me cleaned ... it was while I was in there adding the info (ip address etc) which they gave me that it first "died" with this error as I clicked save ... but it had seemingly just saved the info as the internet started working ..

Since then I have never been able to get back in to do anything ... as soon as I click the access point names it dies with that message and "force close"

It's not been a problem as I don't need to get in there as it is working ... but it's a bit disconcerting that it does it.

I am not aware of a workaround