com.google.mms

Last Updated:

1. baka

baka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i was using my phone earlier today when, first, a process popped up during a call and asked me if i wanted to force close or wait. i dont remember what it was but i chose force close and it dropped my call. then it left some call icon - as if i were still on a call - in the status bar. i reset....

after i reset, i kept getting the message the application messaging (process com.google.mms) has stopped working - no matter how polite with the "sorry" at the top of the message, this was very annoying. i uninstalled all of my homescreen apps that i was trying and handcent sms and it still didnt fix the problem. apparently, one of my sms threads was repeatedly sending the same message which continually failed. after a while i decided to delete the thread entirely and have not yet had another issue with the process.

my question is, does anyone know why this happened, what it was, and how to restart the process or fix it in a way that doesnt cause the loss of a threaded sms/mms?

Advertisement
  2. shaggymattt

shaggymattt New Member

My phone did the same thing. The message kept popping up and it would not go away. But, as you stated, there was another failed message that kept trying to send its self over and over. so i deleted the thread. No more problems now. Although this one little problem happened, i still LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the phone.