• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.google.process.gapp force close

silentwitness

Android Expert
Aug 19, 2012
Bombay India
hey was receiving the error com.google.process.gapp when trying to sync google turned out to be the internet portion that was causing the issue so did some googling and found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1757213 and followed the steps mentioned but it didnt solve the issue and now a second issue has cropped up i am unable to update or download any apps from the play store keep getting the following error "Update could not be downloaded due to an error (error while retrieving information from the server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]). Any1 else had this issue before and have any solution for it?

Attachments

• 2012-12-16 21.20.27.png
    2012-12-16 21.20.27.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2012-12-19 03.30.37.png
    2012-12-19 03.30.37.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 81
I've had the same issue with com.google.process.gapp force close. Resetting the phone and the reducing the amount of things that I have sync seemed to make it go away.

As far as not being able update the apps, if your rooted you can try looking for the .odex file and deleting that and then try to uninstall and re install the app. I use to have the same issue and that seem to work for me. Good Luck hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones