Com.htc.bg force close with new 2.1 leak...Help!General

Last Updated:

1. robo123

robo123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been running the old leaked version of 2.1 on my phone since the day it was leaked. Today I installed the "new" leak, and now when I restart my phone I get an error saying, "the process com.htc.bg has to close due to an unexpected error." Then it makes me force close the process. My questions are, 1) does anyone know what this process is for? and 2) How do you suggest I fix this issue? Should I re-download from a different mirror? I have already tried re-flashing the zip that I have on my sd card. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. robo123

Last ditch effort. Anyone else have this problem?

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

first thought would be something to do with background data. try a *228 program see if it clears it up

4. robo123

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying that right now. I went ahead and chose option 1 to program.

update: Still getting the error. I've tried flashing the 2.1 leak 3 different times, from three different leaks. Not sure what could be causing it. Anyone have a clue on this one?

5. HTClegend

HTClegend New Member

I am having the same problem. I get the com.htc.bg force close error aswell. I have found out that the Facebook friend/contact sync i causing the error. So I cant get my contacts to sync up with my facebook friends.. Really annoying.

I only get the error when I try to sync facebook contacts. It would be very nice if someone got a clue of what to do :)

If it matter, I'm using an HTC legend.. brand new.. no other apps installed..

6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

There are several threads/posts on this.

Linking/syncing large numbers of Facebook/Twitter contacts seems to cause this problem. What I can't tell you is exactly what "large numbers" means. I am syncing around 30 contacts with FB and none with Twitter, and have not had any problems.

7. HTClegend

HTClegend New Member

Is it possible to choose how many contacts you want to sync? I get the error message as soon as i push sync..

8. Hands0n

Hands0n Member

Yup, it is definitely the Facebook friend/contact sync that is ballsed up. My lad has his brand new HTC Desire, unwittingly allowed Facebook Friend/Contact sync and was getting FCs all the time. Very annoying. But thanks to this thread (found at top of Google search) the problem is solved - and no fuss because he doesn't want/need to sync Facebook contacts with his Google contacts.

9. delvec03

delvec03 Member

I am also getting this error. It's really not a huge deal...but then again, neither was running the 1.5 vice 2.1 rom. May Unroot and go back to stock 1.5 if i can't figure this out!

Any help out there?

10. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

I don't remember ever seeing this error. But I do not sync my fb contacts anymore. That may be the reason. I only sync my gmail contacts.

11. Tazlop

Tazlop Member

It is to do with the download of background data..you access this menu in the Accounts & Sync section in the settings menu. This process often crashes in the 2.1 Update. This is supposed to be fixed in 2.2.

12. planetj

planetj Member

I also get the "htc.com.bgp" error.
    I don't use facebook. I use modaco rom, cooked in kitchen, no facebook or twitter og peep or anything like that. And no Sense either.
    When i look in logcat, there are a few things, that i noticed show up a lot, when i get that error.
    1. wifi tethering (though i haven't used it)
    2. A short 1-2 ms bluetooth connection (seems bluetooth is trying to connect to something... bluetooth is always off on my phone, and i have never used it, or paired any units)
    2. something about a keypad or keyboard or something (htc keyboard is not installed in my rom, if that matters)
    I've tried different ROMs, and always get this errormessage, if there is no Sense on my ROM. A few times i also got the message, even if i had Sense.
    I have now installed a facebookapp, because so many people mention it, logged in, and still get the errors. I just went to facebook.com as well, to uninstall everything that had to do with android, have to wait to see if that stops the error message.
    I did not get this error message, when i used a ROM, that was ported to Desire from Nexus One (also Froyo)

13. roidrage2010

roidrage2010 Active Member

Just curious if you flashed the V3 leak, or the Verizon RUU? Also, did you then install the July17 update?

14. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Use the RUU, and do a *#*#checkin#*#* and go home > menu > settings > about phone > updates, and get the July OTA update.

Your phone will be good as new.

15. georgeos

georgeos New Member

What is the RUU?