com.htc.bgp Force Close

Last Updated:

1. 3VO

3VO Member This Topic's Starter

Hope to get some help here. sorry if this has already been covered, but I searched for this error and didn't find anything.

OK. So, I rooted my EVO (after the latest updates) with Unrevoked3. No problems. Snappier response...all seemed well.

Downloaded Titanium Backup and started to delete bloatware...yes, yes...I know I should have been more careful...AND I should have chosen "Backup" as I "Uninstalled"...but, i didn't.

Deleted everything I figured would be OK to delete. All seemed fine after except that I now periodically get this force close message:

"The process com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

[​IMG]

From what I understand, this is likely because I uninstalled the Weather app and widgets. Seems that android has some dependency issues with a few of the stock programs. I think I've confirmed this because I get this message when I try to manually sync "Weather". Turning off weather sync doesn't help either...which leads me to believe it may also be something else that I've uninstalled that syncs...like News, Stocks, ???

My question is: Is it possible to download these stock apps somewhere and reinstall them (as I did not backup), and if so...where can I find them?

Weather 3.0
    Weather Agent Service 1.00
    Weather Widget 1.00
    News & Weather 1.2.02-RC2

or...

Is my only option a factory reset/restore...and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you for your time and help.

-Noob rooter.

Advertisement
  2. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with a .htc and a restart solved it. There's a few threads on this stuff and I think the all revolve around facebook.

3. 3VO

3VO Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think that's where the problem is stemming from as I haven't uninstalled any of the facebook apps or processes.

Pretty sure it's the weather app because I have a friend that did the same thing (only he backed up the app) and the problem went away after he reinstalled the weather app.

Just wondering if I can replace the stock apps. Do you know if they are available anywhere for download?

4. Trident18

Trident18 New Member

I'm seeing the same thing after restoring my custom ROM. Only difference is the error is for com.htc.bg.
    I've tried removing my FB account and then restoring it and I removed the weather widget and then restored it. I'm still getting these errors.
    If I knew hot to totally remove and reinstall FB and the Weather, I would.

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

6. bluem6

bluem6 Member

Try clearing all of your data, it work for me. Be careful though, make sure you have a back up first before you start clearing your data like your contact and such....I had the same error and clearing the data work for me...