com.htc.bgp??Support

Last Updated:

1. dearley09

dearley09 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. This is my first post but I have been lurking awhile. I recieved the 2.1 ota and everything was working great. I had a dial lag issue I wanted to get rid of. So I did a hard reset and now I get a message that say com.HTC.bgp and then it force closes. It will do this multiple times especially on startup. Sometimes it won't even boot up cause of it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

This thread may or may not be of help to you. Good Luck.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...topped-unexpectedly-please-try-again-wtf.html

Or this one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=6500955#post6500955

3. ssgtob1

ssgtob1 Well-Known Member

Check out these links:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...topped-unexpectedly-please-try-again-wtf.html

com.htc.bgp force close. what is this and why? - xda-developers

com.htc.bgp or com.htc.calendar force close - Android Central Forums

Hope one of the fixes your problem

4. dearley09

Yea I read those before posting here and did what they said and still have problem. Thanks

5. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

I'd get a hold of the customer service reps. and explain how this problem is occurring

after the OTA update. They will for sure replace it.

6. dearley09

Alright I think I got it fixed. It had something to do with calendar storage. I cleared its data and now it seams ok.

7. geekgrrle

geekgrrle New Member

So I don't know if this will work for everyone that is having this issue.. but it looks as though the apostrophe in my Irish last name may be causing my facebook sync issue.
    - went to facebook and changed my last name (removed the apostrophe)
    - removed the facebook htc sync on my phone from settings>Accounts & Sync
    - re-added the Facebook for HTC sync
    Then my contacts started loading.
    I'm going to change it back to having the apostrophe later to see if it breaks it again.

I'll report back later :)

boneill2 likes this.
  8. boneill2

boneill2 New Member

You are completely right about the apostrophe in Irish last names! I was getting so annoyed with Facebook not syncing...changed my name in Facebook and immediately names started to sync. I just went back and added the apostrophe back in Facebook after all contacts had synced...it looks like the contacts are still linked to Facebook so we'll see if they continue to get updated. What a random/annoying problem though. Thanks for the post or I never would have found this out!

9. critikaster

critikaster New Member

That solved the problem for me once, although later on that wouldn't fix it anymore, disabling facebook sync did, however.

10. Nkromberg

Nkromberg New Member

I am still having the process com.htc.bg issues. Who knows a good location for a list of fixed? I have tried the facebook sync fixes, but may not have done it correctly. Suggestions?

11. Carnivex

Carnivex Member

I for one also got this issue now. Seems to be related to some of the apk's

12. csnavely

csnavely New Member

I had this problem for several weeks and read every thread on the web where someone claimed to have the universal solution. I tried everything that was suggested that I could without having a rooted phone, and had no success.

Finally I decided to turn off everything in my 'Accounts & Sync' settings that syncs, then turn them back on, one at a time, and see if a 'Sync All' failed. This process turned out to reveal that the problem, in my case, was syncing contacts from Flickr. I turned only that sync setting off and have not seen the problem since. I could possibly remove and re-add the Flickr account to solve the problem, but I don't really have Flickr accounts to sync so I don't care.

The point here is that the problem does not always seem to be caused by the same condition for every person on every phone. I recommend the process I followed because it is scientific.

doogald likes this.